My Noob Experience

sibon06

Hi

Seeing as though I’m a noob I thought I’d share my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] experience setting up. A week or so ago I didn’t really know anything about Sat boxes but now I’m fully up and running I thought I’d share my experience in hope it could help someone else.

Right – to start I went out and bought a Cloud Ibox 2 Plus SE for £60 off a seller with an extremely high feedback. Was still unsure of what I’d bought, just recommended to me by a friend.

I read that I would need – a Dish and an internet connection (I’m currently on Cable TV)

I opened the parcel, connected the Ethernet lead, HDMI and Satellite cable and turned on the TV. This is where my problem started, I didn’t expect it to be flashed already with Openpli. So I thought okay maybe it’s a plug and play, set up already. But no channels visible. It was then I hit the threads on the forums and asked for a bit of guidance. I came across sucmnsee’s VIX image in Satellite Downloads. I followed his instructions (not to the full which I’ll go into later) and re flashed the box. Started up again and found VIX boot screen and then a nice Sky Skin but still no channels.

Back to the forum, turned out my satellite cable extension wasn’t working, I’d put a cable splitter as I didn’t have a female / female connector to join the two leads. Turned out to be an epic fail so went bought a proper connector, fitted it, quick re-boot and all FTA channels appeared.

The next problem I came across was my EPG wasn’t getting all the channel info. Back to me not reading sucmnsee’s instructions to the full. I didn’t initialise my USB after flashing so it was saving to internal flash not the USB. Quick change in settings and is now fine.

I then put a request onto the line request thread, took advice from a TK Veteran and added my line.

So noobs:

By a box
Flash it (if needed) – go to the downloads section on here for a decent image or the cloud ibox site
Follow a flash tutorial - only on this site did I find out about putting a USB in after flashing for saving data too (Saving to an internal flash is bad). There was nothing with the box, just a link as to where to download the firmware.
Get stuck, post a thread – people were / are always happy to help

Hi

Seeing as though I’m a noob I thought I’d share my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] experience setting up. A week or so ago I didn’t really know anything about Sat boxes but now I’m fully up and running I thought I’d share my experience in hope it could help someone else.

Right – to start I went out and bought a Cloud Ibox 2 Plus SE for £60 off a seller with an extremely high feedback. Was still unsure of what I’d bought, just recommended to me by a friend.

I read that I would need – a Dish and an internet connection (I’m currently on Cable TV)

I opened the parcel, connected the Ethernet lead, HDMI and Satellite cable and turned on the TV. This is where my problem started, I didn’t expect it to be flashed already with Openpli. So I thought okay maybe it’s a plug and play, set up already. But no channels visible. It was then I hit the threads on the forums and asked for a bit of guidance. I came across sucmnsee’s VIX image in Satellite Downloads. I followed his instructions (not to the full which I’ll go into later) and re flashed the box. Started up again and found VIX boot screen and then a nice Sky Skin but still no channels.

Back to the forum, turned out my satellite cable extension wasn’t working, I’d put a cable splitter as I didn’t have a female / female connector to join the two leads. Turned out to be an epic fail so went bought a proper connector, fitted it, quick re-boot and all FTA channels appeared.

The next problem I came across was my EPG wasn’t getting all the channel info. Back to me not reading sucmnsee’s instructions to the full. I didn’t initialise my USB after flashing so it was saving to internal flash not the USB. Quick change in settings and is now fine.

I then put a request onto the line request thread, took advice from a TK Veteran and added my line.

So noobs:

By a box
Flash it (if needed) – go to the downloads section on here for a decent image or the cloud ibox site
Follow a flash tutorial - only on this site did I find out about putting a USB in after flashing for saving data too (Saving to an internal flash is bad). There was nothing with the box, just a link as to where to download the firmware.
Get stuck, post a thread – people were / are always happy to help
Good stuff , enjoy.

Back