My story so far..(totally new to all this)

Hi all.
After years and years of paying sly, i decided enough was enough. So i spent a good month researching ways to get tv "on the cheap" so to speak.
I decided it was going to be either a dreambox or sky f5.
Being a bit of a novice with this sort of stuff i purchased a "guide to dreambox" from flea bay.
Wow good buy i thought (although the imformation in it is available all over the internet) so for £3.50 hey ho i aint losing a lot.
The guide came with zipped files for commando images, bouquets, dreamboxedit, filefiller.
After reading all this and taking it all in i was good to go.
Ordered a dm500s from china and waited for my new adventure to start.

Then after a few beers and then a few more, i did an impulse buy on flea bay.
Yep few days later skybox f5 landed on my doorstep.plug n play n ready to go. (£100 with a 12 month gift),going ok at the moment no real issues. Although some channels tend to freeze for half a second every now n again but hey i can live with that.
However t'other half not impressed with the epg, to be honest neither am i, but it will do til dreambox arrives.

3 weeks later dreambox arrived and i had a totally blank moment (blank few days to be honest) and i was just staring at a blank screen, time for plan B.
Contacted a bloke on flea bay who said he could set it up for £20. Done deal. I researched sea lions, purchased one n dropped off the box.
Bingo working a treat no freezes or glitches. However the epg is not up to much (flashed with nabilosat image), so im now thinking reflash with commando.

On trying to reflash i fell at the first hurdle, it seems my null modem cable is having non of it (was a proper cheapo, no drivers available etc).
So now i await my new cable to continue with my adventure.

I will keep you posted. Also many thanks to all that contribute their time and effort for the downloads and links, that keep newbies like me from not going insane.

Back