My ZGemma box won't connect to router

Drewwwalt

Hi there guys I recently just upgrade my sky package at home to skyQ and since I have had my new broadband router my Zgemma box just will not pair to the the router at first it would connect and then all of a sudden nothing! I ended up changing the name of my router and my password then the Zgemma connected once again but now I have come back to use it and there's no connection again and the previous method of making it work do not work this time any help would be great.

Many thanks
Andy

Have you tried using Ethernet or home plugs to see if that makes a difference. Wireless is the least favourable option in my opinion.

I did try using an Ethernet cable but it would still not connect to the box when I run a network test it just does not find an ip address

I have never had this issue in the past and have always used wireless but with Ethernet or wireless it will still not connect to the router

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

sky use a new lnb and this wont connect to box
saw this on here

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean here I'm new to this, it has connected to the router a couple of times with the new router

yes but the signal from the lnb , read this on hear some of the more teck guys should be be able to answer you

Even if you get your router connected to your receiver you wont get it to work as the LNB has been changed and they are not compatible with E2 boxes.
You need to change the LNB to a hybrid one then sort out the issue with the router not connecting to your receiver.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused here because the Zgemma has worked for a week or so with the new LNB that is on my dish my friend works for sky and he installed it he did use a hybrid LNB when he installed sky for me
Thanks

Try plugging in a Ethernet cable, power down your box, reboot your modem/router, power box back on, check your softcam is running ok, restart if necessary

I have only just tried that and it didn't make any difference all my non sky channels work fine I took the box to a friends house yesterday and it worked perfect

you could try logging in to your router and giving your zgemma a static ip address.
Have you got any sort of fire wall/security filter activated on the router? try turning off if enabled (i'm not too clued up on sky routers)
Sounds like something is interfering with connection, probably a router setting?

I've tried everything regarding firewalls and I can completely rule that out as an issue I can't see my Zgemma when I log into my router because it will not pair at all

Menu>setup>System>Network>Device setup>adapter settings>Use DHCP should be set to yes

Ip address should be listed below

It is set to yes but there's no IP address primary DNS is 0.0.0.0 as is secondary and IP address subnet and gate way all say N/A

Back