My ZGemma box won't connect to router

Try a new Ethernet cable,
Factory reset your router (small pin in a hole on router)
After that I'm a bit stuck

Sorry to hear your having problems my friend... I used to have the Openbox v8s and was using wifi usb to connect. i dont have a clue why i cant connect wifi usb to my 2 ZGemma star s2,s? Any help would be grateful. Hope you get things sorted.
Cheers :-)

Hi mate, not sure if this will help but I had the same problem with a superhub router and in the end it was faulty, once I got a new router the problem was solved. I'd get onto sky.

Sorry to hear your having problems my friend... I used to have the Openbox v8s and was using wifi usb to connect. i dont have a clue why i cant connect wifi usb to my 2 ZGemma star s2,s? Any help would be grateful. Hope you get things sorted.
Cheers :-)

Have you installed the correct driver for the wifi adapter you're using?

Thanks for your reply mate first of all! With the openboxs i never needed to install any drivers, I just plugged the WiFi USB into box's and managed easy enough to change from LAN to WiFi on the settings and was connected straight away. Obviously these boxes are a little bit more complicated and i don't really know how to get on to the correct settings to even try and change the connection. I'm very grateful for any help supplied. Thanks loads.

Im using an ethernet cable in my own house but I'm trying to find out why or how to get into settings to change to WiFi for my mother's house as router is downstairs and box upstairs. I can't run an ethernet cable in her house and she was using the WiFi USB connection on her old openbox v8s. Surely there must be some way to get this better equipped box to connect via WiFi? I have read that it is possible but struggling badly to do it. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Im using an ethernet cable in my own house but I'm trying to find out why or how to get into settings to change to WiFi for my mother's house as router is downstairs and box upstairs. I can't run an ethernet cable in her house and she was using the WiFi USB connection on her old openbox v8s. Surely there must be some way to get this better equipped box to connect via WiFi? I have read that it is possible but struggling badly to do it. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks
Why not try homeplugs? Much better than wifi?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PmacD, I struggled too but got there in the end, seems a lot of faffing.

In the network setup menu your box should give you the option of Wireless or Lan if it has detected the wirelesds adapter, it is then a case of scanning the wireless network, selecting the correct wireless signal and entering the password.

What OpenATV fails to do (I don't know if the same for vix) is identify the type of security the wireless is using. WAP, WPA, WPA2 etc so you have to select this too.

I tried and tired and tired. Then restarted my box and it was connected.

I can't help much more than that and no longer have a wireless adapter to try and give you the key presses, sorry.

I had an issue last night also with trying to connect a H2S running Wooshbuild via a wi-fi dongle to a Sky Hub in Ireland. A mate has told me he couldnt connect via wi-fi to a sky Hub either but I wasn't convinced but now I am :damn:. I had an openbox connected via wireless in the same dwelling and it was running fine. But when I tried connecting the H2S it just would not obtain an IP address from the sky HUB. I ended up using Home Plugs to get it going but I can't understand why it wouldn't work. I've set up multiple H2S via wi-fi before so it was definitely something on the sky HUB side that is preventing it getting an IP wirelessly.

This is what's happened to me. For some reason I've swapped to Sky Fibre Max with Sky Q thing, and today both my zgemma h2s boxes don't recognise the wireless connection via plugs. BUT the Amazon Fire Stick does recognise it so I've no idea what to do. Going to have to move the Amazon Fire Stick around the house till I get a new one. What a bummer. Any solutions to it yet?

Update: Just checked my Sky router and they have indeed increased my speed as I've gone from 40Mb to 50Mb as that's all my router can handle at the moment, waiting for new box, so I imagine the ZGemmaH2S is incompatible with the Sky Q lines... will have to see if there's a solution.

Meant to say though that no engineer has been near the house and hasn't installed anything. The router has changed IP addresses now and also the speed has gone way up to 66Mb. Didn't even know they could do all this remotely. And still can't use the H2S as it won't get an IP at all. Can't even connect to the boxes original IP addresses and they're not showing on my MacBook either as they were previously.

Last edited:
Hi guys I’m having some trouble,hope someone can help
I’m running a zgemma h5.2s with iptv.
My isp is vm been having trouble with internet so bought

Are you connecting the zgemma via Wifi/adapter or wired?

If wired - the VM hub might need to be put into modem mode?

Are you connecting the zgemma via Wifi/adapter or wired?

If wired - the VM hub might need to be put into modem mode?
yes mate it’s wired and have put it in modem mode but it’s crap I’m gonna reset vm hub and have a go another day CBA at the moment

Back