n line ...mg camd setting issues...HELP

andyg1988

I've installed mgcamd 1.35 and put the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files in the usr/keys folder but all I get is a blank screen.. its works on cccam 2.3 but freezes quite a lot

Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah I did and also after uploading the newcamd.list and mg.cfg files I set up the autostart up and restarted the reciever. .. I'm on vix I've read on some forums that I might have to manually write a mg.cfg file...is there any truth in it? The one I'm using is the one that was supplier ed to me

Try uninstalling all your softcams. Reboot box and google the correct mgcamd for your image and download the ipk and install manually, see if that helps

---------- Post Merged at 05:36 PM ----------

Once it is installed ftp your box and delete newcamd list and mc_cfg and then put yours in their place

Stop it and then ftp box and delete from the usr/keys folder. Reboot box, go to tspanel > linuxsat plugins > cams > 'choose your image' > mgdcam 1.38 install. Then ftp box, delete newcam list and copy over your own newcam list, reboot box, then tspanel > softcams > start mgdcam 1.38 that should be it all going well. If not, then email me your newcam list and i will see if its setup properly.

Last edited:
Mgcamd wasn't installing correctly so I re flashed the box to the latest version vix apollo 89 and installed mgcamd and worked straight away.. just need to tweak the mg cfg file now. The n line is running smoother on mgcamd then cccam but just needs finishing

Hi can you tell me if you used the same mg.cfg file from the 1.35a zip file or did you make up another one? If so could you send me the file please. I'm having the same issues so I'm going to do what you done and load 1.38 and see what happens.
Thanks

I got mg cfg from my supplier but most are generally the same... If the mgcamd is not showing up in the softcam manager then it's not installed.... a lot of people have more issues with 1.38 so I'm on 1.35...also remember the n line u use you change the command on the line from 'n:' to CWS = ( yes there is a space between the CWS and the = and a space between the = and the rest of the info)

Did you set up your Nline with notepad++ if your supplier just sent you a n-line will most likely not be the correct file for Mgcamd

you should have 5 lines when you open with notepad++ and you change the 5th line to your Nline details

The one I got from the supplier I had to alter one of the lines...I cant remember which one but it was one near the bottom and from '0' to '6'.

Back