Need a fast response, virgin tech on his way!

Louism92

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice, i have a virgin tech coming around by 12 to look at my broadband, when i have my 3 way splitter connected the upstream power levels seem to go too high so the wifi doesn't work properly, virgin say thats why it doesn't work properly anyway.. I've taken the splitter off and left the broadband connected directly to the line coming in the house, can't leave my 2 zgemma boxes connected of course!

The power levels now seem to have dropped on upstream but raised on downstream, this will change again once i reconnect the splitter once he has gone so what can i ask him to do without sounding dodgy to make sure the set up still works fine once all reconnected?

Cheers!

The Labgear splitters from Screwfix? ... if so, I haven't used the 3 way ones but i've used the 2 way ones and they're great. If you've purchased it off eBay / Amazon though it may not be genuine as there's loads of fakes.

Try and blag a Technetix 3 way one from the VM guy - tell him you're thinking of getting an additional box soon so can he leave you one.

Trial and error with the levels, just see what they're like once it's been looked into by the tech.

They are from a website called CPC, they are a genuine company, check them out they have loads of stuff!

I got your message after he left, he installed a 10db power restrictor (whatever the proper name is!) which made the levels perfect, then when connecting my boxes back up it went really bad, used the 3db restrictor i already had which brought them back in line perfect!

Reactions: ste
Back