Need advice on a new box - newbie btw

Kingmarth

Hi all,

Need advice on a new box - newbie btw.
Current setup is sky q with twin wire from Hybrid LNB and one single wire (RG59) from LNB to LG smart tv with freesat built-in another room. I do have virgin wires in, finished with them last week.
I have sly broadband now connected to android box. IPTV stuff, i am not expert on iptv stuff.
I read a lot about edison, zgemma, and openbox. Not sure which one to get ?

Maybe sly and cable combo box.

If your after a sat and cable box combo depending on your budget the zgemma H7C is decent, works well with IPTV also

My cable broadband stopped working last week not sure about virgin tv.

My budget is 100 quid for a box.

Doesn’t matter if you don’t subscribe to them, it may still be live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently i have a cable splitter at the wall one was for virgin broadband and other one was for tivo box. Looking at H5.2TC box picture.

1. Does both virgin wire need to be in H5.2TC box or just one connection will do ?

2. I take it sky connection (single wire) will go onto lnb connection ?

3. Are these boxes easy to flash ?
4. Does come with wifi ?

One will do, it splits internally.
Yes, it does.
Yes.
Not sure, will say in the box specs if it does but I don’t think it does. You can however get WiFi adaptors, or just use powerline adaptors otherwise.

I've just ordered one of these , with an extra cable tuner
so, twin sat and 1 cable
£95 delivered :)
an extra tenner if you need a wifi adapter for it, so just slightly over your budget,

https://www.formuler.tv/f1-1

if you just want a single sat and cable the edision os mini can be had for £75 and has built in wifi

Last edited:
Does these boxes take the lines for special sly channels (still learning this info) :).

Are the menu hidden where you press 6666 from the remote for the menu ?

Does these boxes take the lines for special sly channels (still learning this info) :).

1 yes
2 and no, not quite like that anymore,
but plenty of help on here to get you up and running

The hidden 6666 menu was forvtbe openboxes, adding a line has come a long way since then. Unless the build has a cam importer you will need to use a FTP such as filezile to add your line. Although not much people using sat lines now after the recent change in encryption for the premium channels, if your virgin cable is still active that would be the best bet

Hi steptoe,

Can the F1 boxe take one wire from sly lnb ?

if you want to use both tuners satellite boxes need seperate feeds for each tuner
if you only have one cable from your dish then maybe the OSmini or zgemma H5.2 may be a better box

if you want to use both tuners satellite boxes need seperate feeds for each tuner
if you only have one cable from your dish then maybe the OSmini or zgemma H5.2 may be a better box

I'll have to make extra line to the boxe then. Thanks to ntl leaving 1000 meter cable roll 10 years ago. I still have a pace or sammy boxe to test the cable line.
Thanks for information.
Ill check out these boxes you mentioned

I’d imagine you wouldn’t get anything if it wasn’t. Get yourself a test line and try it out, only way to know for sure.

I’d imagine you wouldn’t get anything if it wasn’t. Get yourself a test line and try it out, only way to know for sure.

The box arriving tomorrow so i can test properly. I need to flash it first with best firmware. No idea what lines are yet. I take it the lines will unlock channels.

Back