Need help setting up

settoloki

I have a virgin media coming into my house. Need help picking a low cost box ideally with dual tuners.
I was on here a few months ago and I was either in a different place on the forums or it has changed, but struggling to grab the information I found last time, that lead me down a path to a box that was around the £60 - £80 mark, it was great there were tutorials on setting it up and everything. Something that has a lot of support and tutorials would be great.

I think the price you quoted would probs be a zgemma h2h your on about.... problem is its not a duel cable..its a combo box which is 1 cable and 1 sat feed

I think the price you quoted would probs be a zgemma h2h your on about.... problem is its not a duel cable..its a combo box which is 1 cable and 1 sat feed

That's the one I think. Is general opinion that it is good enough or is it worth spending a few extra quid on a different box?

That's the one I think. Is general opinion that it is good enough or is it worth spending a few extra quid on a different box?

for that box ..to record a channel to the one your watching you would need a sat feed and a cable feed...
if you just have a cable feed and no sat feed you would need a duel tuner cable box

for that box ..to record a channel to the one your watching you would need a sat feed and a cable feed...
if you just have a cable feed and no sat feed you would need a duel tuner cable box

Thanks, I've ordered it now, I planned on getting a sat dish up too so win win!

Should of got this £40 more than the zgemma.
But two cable one sat is a bargain.
As said twin cable Is usually more than that on its own.
isketch-1485553572858.jpg

Last edited:
Can any help me .What the deference between the H2S and H5.2S and is it worth paying the extra cost as hey both seen to do the same thing. :smoke rings:

Can any help me .What the deference between the H2S and H5.2S and is it worth paying the extra cost as hey both seen to do the same thing. :smoke rings:

- HDTV Receiver MHEG-2/4 H. 264 / HEVC H.265 for H5.2S

H.2s is only H. 264

thats the only difference

Thanks for that . I am still a newbe to all this so don't really know what you mean. It the H2S not HD then . ? Not that it makes any difference as we don't get HD at the moment anyway. I'm still not to sure either to go for the cable or sky version at this point in time . I would like a twin tuner though. Thanks you again for your help.:)

The H.2S will get HD channels that clear on satellite, though these are, as you seem to be aware, few and far between.

Back