Need Help to Set Up Please

TechDojo

Hi guys,
I received a ZGemma Star 2S today.
It has OpenAtv installed.

I'm sorry if i'm double posting but I have tried searching for a definitive setup guide to help me input my Clines but I cannot find.

Do I stick with OpenAtv or put a new image on from Latest Zgemma-star H2 FIRMWARES

Do I need to make a backup image first ?
I read about different images vix , sucmnsees etc...i'm confused

Sorry if vague but if anyone can point my in the right direction I would much appreciate it.

I just need to be able input my Cline details and decent interface. Although OpenAtv don't look bad and clean looking on first impression.

Thanks

thanks mate. So your saying scrap OpenAtv ? and go with sucmnsee image. I got nline as opposed cline.
I haven't done anything yet but I connected to the box via filefilla and unsure if I be able to edit my details in the user/keys directory ?
Is this a better way to do it do you think?
Thank you

yes correct - ive got an nline with his last image and its quite easy to do via ftp and filezilla

Flash the box with the image first though - it's really not as daunting as it first seems :)

ok and is his image better than OpenAtv ? which Linux build does he use?
Sorry but just to be sure before I start. what about keeping openatv image installing softcam via the install plugin menu. think latest mgdcam 1.38 might do ??? and edit the file via filezilla once installed. Sorry if noob questions. I'm new to this box. just need the best setup. Also I think on sucmnsee has auto update turned off permanently. What does this mean long term? having to manually update?
I notice mtpockets also made a nice looking image here for same receiver ..any thoughts or have you installed it?
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-4-2-zgemma-star-new-backup-2015-06-23-a.html

thanks again mate

MTPockets is his version of the openATV image - Certainly try that one too! Sucmnsee is his alterations and customisations on the vix image. I started on MTPockets but found i preferred the sucmnsee as it seemed to work (for me) better but this was a few versions ago! Its easy and good exercise to reflash every now and then so your knowledge increases :)
You could do what you are suggesting and build it all up yourself but most people seem to prefer one of these two as they have done a lot of very good customisation already and saves you the ballache!

oh ok now I understand better. its too early for ballache. I need experience with first. Don't wanna end up with a brick.

There is not much guidance on how to edit the mgcamd file after the image flashing. do I use filezilla to edit my details. its probably stored in a different location.

another dumb question/s
Is this box capable of live pause and record one watch another as Skybox can? I know its twin tuner but is one DVB and one satellite.
I had 2 coaxial cables running to my Sky dish input dish 1 & 2 but will it work for this. Also I think I need external hard drive right? suggestions?

thanks mate

Yes and yes - all you need to do is edit the file via FileZilla with your line - it's detailed on the forum

Back