Need some advise on buying a line

nymets

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a line and would appreciate some advise from the veterans here.

Note: I have already read the useful sticky post by Satmanuk.

As per forum guidelines, I posted my message on the "RECOMMEND A GOOD SATELLITE PAY SERVER - request only! - October 2015" thread. A few kind users PM'd with recommendations.

What got me was that the prices varied a lot and got me wondering whether paying more will get me a better service.

So, dear veterans, in your opinion, does a higher price translate to better quality?

PS: I hav e old skybox f5 currently and looking to upgrade.

Thank you.

Best regards.

some servers have higher prices like the one I use however, they limit the amount of customers they will take in order to run a smooth service. Others are just greedy try and go for a n line if possible. and always get a test first.

As you already posted your request you would have seen the large number of providers and prices. The prices vary as some do, as Mike123 said, have smaller numbers, that doesn't mean a better service compared providers who have multiple servers and have more customers. Yes some just charge high price to make as much money as they can.

Your focasing too much on price and not line quality or channels and extras offered, some offer PPV events etc other don't, the only way you will find a line is to try, find the best one that suits your needs with channels offered and within your budget and works well on your system. When I looked for a line provider I tried someone who was asking £80yr and it was glitchy yet a cheaper supplier was stable, no glitching and he asked 70% less so its not just about the price.

Also nlines are better but not always, some older boxes work better with clines so test test test, if a line provider wont offer you a test walk away. You may want to consider a second sub to go with your main, many users have a "backup" sub line installed just incase our first choice has issues, I have a 2 subs from 2 different line providers.

my tuppence worth...

I just did the same as yourself and asked for recommendations. A few helpful posts and quite a lot of self advertisements.

Following advice I took advice from a forum member that had been around a while and was a contributor to the site, asked for a test line and chose accordingly. Its not the cheapest sub i could have gotten and some of the other ones may well have been just as good. but solid recommendations on a forum like this mean a lot.

Back