Need to sort this niggle

contracts34

:arrgh: As the title says really. When it happens I can sort it out but the Mrs can't (something else wrong with this Bl**dy box!)

My set up is my H2S, an LG TV and a Panasonic DVD Surround System. It used to be the same but with a Sly HD box.

I have set the box via HDMI CEC to control select TV input, standby, control sound. Many time when we come to switch on H2S, everything works as it should but there's no sound. The only way I can fix it is to go back into HDMI CEC settings, disable, then re-enable again. The same happens if we have watched a DVD, but then revert to the H2S.

It worked okay on the Sly box, so I assume the LG TV and the Panasonic DVD are set up correctly and neither have any obvious settings that I would need to change. So it does point to the H2S, but I cannot find any relevant setting.

Does anyone have a similar set up or could point me towards what the issue could be. It would be one less thing for her in doors to complain about :boo:

Had a similar issue and set all the options in the HDMI settings to yes and all worked. Not had chance to go back and find which was the offending setting

Had a similar issue and set all the options in the HDMI settings to yes and all worked. Not had chance to go back and find which was the offending setting

Interesting! I will give that a go later. TBH, willing to try anything now :willy nilly:

Can anyone explain what HDMI Pre-emphasis setting does?. Just wondered if it might solve this issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Back