Net speed

Cram

Hi all,

Doing some homework and decided to buy a Edision mini for satellite.

Apologies if these are on here already I did have a search with no joy!

I have a few questions:

How will this work with a connection of only around 2mb? (I thought the picture was beamed in via satellite as my sky just now is not connected to the net)

Is it possible to auto updates so that once the system is up and running it just works?

Also is there a place where you can download skins etc to make it look more like Sky TV?

Thank you

The internet is only used if you want paid channels, as it uses the internet to unscramble the channels as you will not have a viewing card for the box, so you will have to purchase a subscription or Gift as some call it.

The Edison will update on a daily once set up correctly. and yes you can change the skins too. There is Sky skins also very own Kiddac as a lovely Slyk skin on the forum downloads section.

Have a read how to setup enigma 2 boxs there or all the same just different makes and models. :)

Last edited:
A 2mb connection will be fine, I've seen these boxes run on a mobile signal connection so a nice stable home connection should be just fine

Thanks for confirming all - I get the box tomorrow.

So I will get it all set up and I am sure a flood of questions will follow :)

Hahahaha

use the search feature first, chances are your questions have already been answered so it quicker than posting a question and waiting around for a reply.

Back