NETGEAR ROUTER and Blade Media 7000s firmware

zee24

All those people with a NETGEAR ROUTER and having trouble getting the new Blade firmware to work follow the steps below:

Firstly I have tried downloading the firmware straight to my box, but all the channels appear with scrambled message even though it’s picked up my IP etc and the NEWCAMD is showing connected but it’s not highlighted in green.
Someone mentioned I should do a factory reset which I did. Please note if you are going to do this make a note of your CLINE or NEWCAMD as once you do a factory reset all your info on the box is lost.

So I did a factory reset by switching off the box at the back then I held down the menu button on the front of the box, then I switched the box back on whilst still holding down the menu button. Then you will see something appear, press option 4 on your remote this is factory reset and it shouldn’t even take a second to restore.

Ok once that’s done you’ll need to put in your USB with the new firmware at the back of the box and go to utilities and download the firmware as you would have before.

Once that’s done you’ll see a message NO CHANNELS when you try watch something, so you need to access the 9991 menu and input all your CLINE or NEWCAMD info in and connect like you have done previously.
You then need to go to the menu and go to IP settings and press red on your remote, it may take a few seconds for it to pick up your IP. Once it has you can leave IP settings and go to Blade online and download the channels.
Once that’s done and make sure your IP is picked up you should be able to view all the channels.
Well this is how it worked for me anyway, hope this helps.

I tried all the new features and they work.

Downside to this firmware every time I switch the box off n back on again I have to go to the IP settings menu and press red on remote as it doesn’t pick up my router IP automatically as it did with the old firmware, I think this is just a NETGEAR problem but not sure but it would annoy me to have to d othis everymorning after having the box on standby overnight, so I’ve gone back to using the old firmware until this problems fixed.

I hope this is helpful!!

Last edited:
Back