Cable Network issues looking for some help

pitch183

I’ve got 100mbps B.B., a h3.2tc in the livingroom, wooshbuild 7, down in my man cave, 20 mbps , I have a h2h, I’ve installed the remote channel stream converter plugin, input the correct IP address and password. Now, I initially tested this in my livingroom by running an Ethernet to the box, disabled the tuners, and managed to successfully play streams which showed no signal confirming that I was playing through the rcsc. I took the box down to the man cave, plugged in the Ethernet from the router down there, ( I’ve ran a cable from my main router to this router , disabled dchp, it shows the same external IP address as when in the house. When I click on server connect in rcsc it loads the bouquets , albeit slowly, but won’t play any streams. When I go to network and run a test I get the results in the picture, it’s also not showing as lan connected, although I can update plugins etc so I know it’s got a connection. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

0d27f73f13f79ba0a42f293fd2e1d8df.jpg
1b56deb8a22456d0e7b24ce9cdbb40e4.jpg

the last 2 are not checked as no connection to lan,try rebooting box and router then retry network test.

OK
100Mbp is NOT the same as 100mbp
so I assume you mean you have 100Mbp at house , so why so much slower at the cave?
2nd, I'd disable dchp on the box and allocate it a static IP
I've never used RSCS , so cant comment, I simply use Channel Importer , works fine for me,
but, firstly, you need to sort out your internet connection, what router are you using in man cave.?

OK
100Mbp is NOT the same as 100mbp
so I assume you mean you have 100Mbp at house , so why so much slower at the cave?
2nd, I'd disable dchp on the box and allocate it a static IP
I've never used RSCS , so cant comment, I simply use Channel Importer , works fine for me,
but, firstly, you need to sort out your internet connection, what router are you using in man cave.?

Thanks for replying, Your right regarding the speed in the house 100Mbps,autocorrect got me on that one, the man cave is about 45 meters from my house so a very long Ethernet cable is giving me 20-25 in there. I rebooted the router and now get all network tests ticked apart from the last one, it shows and lan connection with a green dot also. I’m using a belkin f5d9630-4 in the man cave , vm super hub 3 in the house

I’ve just downloaded the speed test plugin, it’s showing as 5.6Mbits/s download and 2.4 upload, I suspect that’s where my issues are , I wonder if a WiFi adapter would be better than the Ethernet cable I’ve ran from router to box, the cable us maybe 10m long, Speedtest on my phone show 22

Last edited:
Can you take 2nd router out of the setup and just connect h2h via ethernet to the main router and test speed then. That would give you an idea if if the speed reduction is just down to length of cable or the second router is the issue.

Can you take 2nd router out of the setup and just connect h2h via ethernet to the main router and test speed then. That would give you an idea if if the speed reduction is just down to length of cable or the second router is the issue.

I’ll try this but I can get 25 via WiFi on my phone

I'd agree with @1999gtv
do away with 2nd router as a trial,
I actually have 3 routers between my main router and shed, about 35m total, and no real speed discrepancy between main router and shed
thats using cat5e , have you got proper cat5e or 6 to the cave, and not some crap CCS or CCA.?
proper cat5e is good for full speed [ 100Mbp up to 105m ] , so thats not the issue.

I'd agree with @1999gtv
do away with 2nd router as a trial,
I actually have 3 routers between my main router and shed, about 35m total, and no real speed discrepancy between main router and shed
thats using cat5e , have you got proper cat5e or 6 to the cave, and not some crap CCS or CCA.?
proper cat5e is good for full speed [ 100Mbp up to 105m ] , so thats not the issue.

Just checked, Didn’t even realise I’d ordered cca cable, that’s what I have installed, I’ve ran a speed test on the main incoming Ethernet cable to the garden building, can’t believe it but it’s 110 Mbps ! My router is killing the speed, I’ve an old bt homehub , one of the newer models, I’ll set that up and see what speeds that gives, thanks all for the help

Just checked, Didn’t even realise I’d ordered cca cable, that’s what I have installed, I’ve ran a speed test on the main incoming Ethernet cable to the garden building, can’t believe it but it’s 110 Mbps ! My router is killing the speed, I’ve an old bt homehub , one of the newer models, I’ll set that up and see what speeds that gives, thanks all for the help

I hazard a guess that your 2nd router isnt configured properly,
with some routers its not simply a case of turning off DCHP
TT HG routers are like that, they need other settings changed as well, otherwise they are useless

I hazard a guess that your 2nd router isnt configured properly,
with some routers its not simply a case of turning off DCHP
TT HG routers are like that, they need other settings changed as well, otherwise they are useless

Success! Changed the router over and I’m now getting 100 via WiFi , and 47 via Ethernet to the zgemma, streams working perfect !!! Thanks all for your advice /help

Success! Changed the router over and I’m now getting 100 via WiFi , and 47 via Ethernet to the zgemma, streams working perfect !!! Thanks all for your advice /help
why is a secon router needed? can you not just put a switch in ? less things to go wrong and cheap

I’ve got both boxes setup now, 1 box plays all channels flawlessly, both have near identical speeds, the flawless box is my h2h. The h2s only has one issue, when playing s@£ sports main event, there is no sound, anyone got an idea as to why? I’m using the remote channel plugin converter on both boxes.

Thanks

I’ve got both boxes setup now, 1 box plays all channels flawlessly, both have near identical speeds, the flawless box is my h2h. The h2s only has one issue, when playing s@£ sports main event, there is no sound, anyone got an idea as to why? I’m using the remote channel plugin converter on both boxes.

Thanks
need to use up to date image to fix sound issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking for some help once again guys. Same setup as above, I went to watch premier sports in the man cave the other day and got the screen below. When watching on my main box in the house it plays fine. I’ve gone to menu setup service searching then channel plugin at the bottom, I then select my network details and click ok, it then scans through creating the bouquets. Is there something I’m missing?
Cheers as always

upload image on web

Back