network problem

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
H2S problem getting it to connect to a network, the box came preloaded with OpenATV 5.1
I have unpacked everything & connected everything correctly, started to follow kiddac's guide but I can not get my router to assign an IP address via wired or wireless?
I have restarted my router & box a number of times trying to get it working.

looking at the network test screen within the menu:
LAN adapter is connected
Local network is disconnected
DHCP is enabled
IP address is unconfirmed
Name server is unconfirmed

No point in trying to go any further with the setup until I can get the box an IP address, Im at a bit of a loss on this guys as I know both the Lan cable & wirelss dongle work on other boxes/devices but its not assigning an IP address to the box, no restrictions on my network so should be given an IP as soon as its connected unless im missing something...could it be a fault with the box?

---------- Post Merged at 06:10 PM ----------

Update: I received 2 boxes today a H2S as mentioned above & a H2H, just as a check I thought I would try the H2H to see if I had a problem getting that one to receive an IP address, I only connected the HDMi lead & the ethernet cable... I looked in the network menu via the remote & the H2H was given an IP address no problem so Im assuming the issues must be a fault with the H2S rather than my setup

Last edited:
update: I'd just like to give a little feedback regarding manufacturer support... I have a number of Zgemma boxes with the most recent being from the new range, all boxes have been fine except for one H2S that simply refuses to take an IP address. I contacted the manufacturer via skype same as when I placed my order & explained the problem, I was advised to try a factory reset but this didnt help so was then given further instruction to reflash with the latest OpenATV image (20151201). I was a little reluctant to do this as I'm not 100% on setting up Open ATV from scratch (I'm not familiar with OpenATV) & didn't want to void the warranty as a lot of electrical suppliers wont get involved once you start messing with software.
New image loaded & still have the same network issue so they have agreed to send a replacement with no hassle or fuss made, I need to wait for another delivery to arrive but not bad support for a company half way around the world.

Last edited:
Back