New box..do i have vix on it ????

sofia12

Hi ive just got mu vu+ duo today and in info it has virtuoso image xtreme...version 3.0....kernel 3.1.1. now is that vix ?? also it it better than blackhole ?? thanks

virtuoso image xtreme.....V

virtuoso image xtreme..........I

virtuoso image xtreme................X
yes that is vix ,i presume you got an old original unit and not a clone?

virtuoso image xtreme.....V

virtuoso image xtreme..........I

virtuoso image xtreme................X
yes that is vix ,i presume you got an old original unit and not a clone?

Hi hun its got a silver back so im not sure , but he said on his site that its genuine,im gonna check myself on the site to see or put the firmware on it as I read somewhere,,im struggling atm thought as iv put the c@@m on it but not working ????

probably wos or lavatronics they do genuine.do you have a cccam config file with your cline or is it a nline needing a mg config file?
if box has vix on it more likely has been flashed but without the other bits.
menu--information--about--image info??

Last edited:
probably wos or lavatronics they do genuine.do you have a cccam config file with your cline or is it a nline needing a mg config file?
if box has vix on it more likely has been flashed but without the other bits.
menu--information--about--image info??
Yes im sure its wos,,,do you recommend me to flash with blackhole??? yes ive got the cccam 2.2.1 and the cline cfg file,thats all ive done and ive installed it then the cccam has a green tick ext to it...also box has been rebooted..looked at a lot of tuts but they've told me what ive done...also ive got a catseye channel list which ive got to install...don't know were im going wrong cacktikid???????????? any help would be appreciated otherwise its gonna be another long night for me lol..the cccam says active..x

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

I don't have a mgcamd file.the imagine info....vix,drivers..31/07/13...build718..v3.0..

Last edited:
silly question have you gone through the setup and scanned 28.2 to get a list of channels and stored them,go to your softcam setup and see if active cccam 2.2.1
and select has green tick and yellow to restart cam.

silly question have you gone through the setup and scanned 28.2 to get a list of channels and stored them,go to your softcam setup and see if active cccam 2.2.1
and select has green tick and yellow to restart cam.

Yes ive done that and all fta channels do come up and it says active for the cccam too..green tick at the side

you may not have had your cline info in the config file,when its put into box you need to modify it by using a ftp program like filezilla to send to desktop add your cline to notepad then send back with your line details on it.

Last edited:
Ahhh I only missed 1 digit from my cline and that threw me out,,thanks for all your help,,also I put on catseyes channel list for 28.2 but no channels showed up,,is dcc or flashfx ok ?? thanks

wondered what dcc was lol yes use that to put current file on ,it should list the file on right hand column when loaded to box.maybe it was corrupt.

Argghh im getting the main screen freezing on startu with the catseyes channel list 28.2 ,iv downloaded different ones with dif dates but both don't have any channels in them ????????? ahh sorted it

Last edited:
if just 28.2e use Rat's Bouquets updater

Thanks bobby123 and caaktikid,,,the only thing im confused on is do I put in the picon or bouquets and the bouquets I have has some channels missing..also whe I record 2 channels at the same time and watch another it says no tuner ??? I have got a+b tuners as 28.2 on each one

if you using vix image you can download bouquets menu /setup/service searching/autobouque maker
and to install picons open dcc ftp go to media folder open ftp them to usb or hdd

you have 2 feeds going into back and each tuner is setup to simple/single.

yes just like the sly box connection and sinfle setup but for b tuner I have selected 28.2a just like a tuner.

---------- Post Merged at 10:45 PM ----------

if you using vix image you can download bouquets menu /setup/service searching/autobouque maker
and to install picons open dcc ftp go to media folder open ftp them to usb or hdd

Ive just looked in the autobouquetsmaker log and it says its enabled..so I basically install the picon via telnet and drop it into the hdd folder where theres the boxes epg,crossepg and where the movies are installed..sorry just wanted to make sure its in the right place,...yes ive got vix installed,,so with this new picon and updater will my channels rescan the frequency and replace the channel?

picon is a channel emblem that comes up on the channel list,bit like lipstick on a women only there for showlol
as far as i know it does but could be proved wrong,if you see a flashing green icon flashing while changing channels it is letting you know another software update is out there.

Last edited:
Back