New box guidance

On the link do i just ignore any steps for the VM or virim steps as i am just using a sat?
Yes set both tuners for sat. Also ignore anything else ie sources for epg that refer to cable/vm just configure for sat only

solo 2 is a great box, I have 2, if you have vix installed, you can download iptv player from plugins, a mixed bag of iptv streams, sports, movies etc.The box is set up same as any e2 box,you can add a 3rd tuner , plugin , if you want to use solo2 for cable.cams are needed for 'pay services' such as cable, or whats left of sly, the links u were posted have no doubt explained this, many iptv providers will 'walk you thru 'setting up their services, it's not too difficult

Just a quick one i assume as i had the box preflashed there is no need for me to do any flashing as the OPENVIX image is preinstalled?

Therefore i just need the USB in to make the EPG is saved to that rather than the internal memory?
I use usb for epg data/ picons and a few other odds and sods and also no need for flashing with vix preinstalled

A lot of the channels on 28.2e that used to be available for decryption are now not possible to decrypt. But bt sports/discovery channels and a good few more still are available at present

God forbid mentioning anything like that on the vix forum, or many others actually.

So I’m almost there just a few issues and questions:

• freesat auto bouquets has numbered the ‘all channels’ bouquet fine but the others like entertainment, music, kids etc are numbered 2001,4001 etc? Meaning each channel has two numbers, one within all channels and one from it category? Is this normal? And how do I stop this so the channel number is the same in both bouquets?

• When I go to planner to view my recordings the ‘sly new’ skin doesn’t display each line correctly? I can only see half of the line so all pushed together?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• freesat auto bouquets has numbered the ‘all channels’ bouquet fine but the others like entertainment, music, kids etc are numbered 2001,4001 etc? Meaning each channel has two numbers, one within all channels and one from it category? Is this normal? And how do I stop this so the channel number is the same in both bouquets?

• When I go to planner to view my recordings the ‘sly new’ skin doesn’t display each line correctly? I can only see half of the line so all pushed together?

Thanks

The numbers thing is normal. Each channel in a bouquet is essentially a duplicate, so gets a new number. But the proper numbers will still take you to the right place, just via the All Channels bouquet.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks

When you are in planner press menu/settings/ then scroll down to number of rows and change to 10 that will get rid of squashed up look

When you are in planner press menu/settings/ then scroll down to number of rows and change to 10

Worked lovely thank you.

I’m having problems with the series link recording can anybody help with this please?

So I set to record coronation street first episode tonight and selected record series. I think checked and it hasn’t set to record tonight’s second episode or Mondays episode?

Can anyone please advise?

Worked lovely thank you.

I’m having problems with the series link recording can anybody help with this please?

So I set to record coronation street first episode tonight and selected record series. I think checked and it hasn’t set to record tonight’s second episode or Mondays episode?

Can anyone please advise?

It's not series link like the one on Sly. You need to go into autotimers and configure it to record on certain days.
By default it will only record on the day it's first set for.

It's not series link like the one on Sly. You need to go into autotimers and configure it to record on certain days.
By default it will only record on the day it's first set for.

So where exactly do I go to do this? And does that mean I have to set a reschedule record for every different episode/day of a soap as it’s more than once a week?

Is it not possible to just say search itv for a show name and always record?

Also what about specials so if I record say dr who would it pick up a christmas special?

Go to menu/autotimers find coronation street and highlight then press ok followed by edit filters which i think is yellow button, once in next screen go down to filter then scroll right till you get to where it says on weekday. Go down to where it says thursday and scroll right till it changes to weekday then green to save then green once more

Menu > Timers > Autotimers

They are a lot more configurable than series link but you need to mess about with it and learn.
If you've set it to record 'Dr Who' it should record anything with Dr Who in the title.
You can set them to record any time, any day, on any channel if you want but then you need to change the duplicates option.
It is well worth having a play about with it.

Back