New box will not flash on USB

hi,

new to the zgemma thing . i have a box and have a image but my box will not read the usb once i instert it is the ftp way safe or is goignt o brink my box?

Hi Guys - just reading this post for flashing issues I flashed VIX onto my ZGemma H.2S no problem but seem to be having issues flashing the Whoosh build - I reformatted to FAT and had my CC Config and the ZGEmma folder on the stick but wont flash at all tried in front and back USB ports

Any other ideas or obv things I'm doing wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Update got a but further its flashed but had to leave the CC file off for it to work - I have a wireless dongle but its saying connect to internet in setup for whoosh and wont let me get past that screen can I not setup whoosh using a dongle but I have no way of connecting to the net from this screen?

You need to format the USB twice. First with low level HDD format tool, then format again with window format tool (not quick format).
Takes a while to do it, but it will work.
Load up the files onto to formatted usb, and insert into the back of the box.
Switch on, the display will say "flash". Leave it until it changes to "boot", and remove the usb.

I'm having a problem also. I can't select to save EPG to my USB. Any ideas why??
If your box is not recognising your usb memory stick, you might not have done the storage device setup.
Go Menu - Setup - System - Storage devices.
Do the hard disk setup, and initialisation. You should then be able to save epg to the memory stick, and record programs.
Hope that helps.

ftp it to your box then. Anywhere you like, although var/tmp is a safe option.

Menu...setup...software management... flash online/local

select local

select devices

select internal flash

select tmp (or where ever you put it)

green button to flash.

Are you sure your usb is 497mb... That's very small. You need at least 4gb for general use, like pausing,rewinding, saving epg, swap files etc.
And if you record a few things you will need at least 32gb of external storage whether usb or hdd.
many thanks for that kiddac been struggling for ages with this nice and simply explained to a dunderhead like me lol

Hi, quick question I'm flashing my mates zgemma....can I just use my hard drive to initialise it? As he won't need a hard drive as just doing IPTV....yhanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

If he’s not having a hard drive there no need for initialising. Inititialising is another name for formatting.
Usb stick is best to flash.

If he’s not having a hard drive there no need for initialising. Inititialising is another name for formatting.
Usb stick is best to flash.
Cheers. My usb is maxed out so will have to use my hard drive. There is a setting so that I don't have to wipe it but would it affect my hard drive when I connect to my own zgemma?

Ok. Plugging your hard drive into your mates zgemma will not affect anything. Just plug it in and mount it if need be. Do your downloading of the image to it. Flash the box. Unplug your hard drive.
Your mates zgemma should have usb drive inserted after flashing otherwise epg data will fill up the boxes memory and will cause all sorts of locking up.

Ok. Plugging your hard drive into your mates zgemma will not affect anything. Just plug it in and mount it if need be. Do your downloading of the image to it. Flash the box. Unplug your hard drive.
Your mates zgemma should have usb drive inserted after flashing otherwise epg data will fill up the boxes memory and will cause all sorts of locking up.
Cheers mate[emoji2]

Back