New Box

jclappi

Hi,

I'm currently using a H2s for my IPTV and occasionally watch it on an android box or smart TV. I much prefer the layout on e2 and the ability to customise the bouquets and channels orders, set channel numbers, the TV guide and the ability to record also help, plus it's more recognisable for everyone else in the house so they find it easier to use. However I do find that the playback is better on my cheap £30 Android box so looking to upgrade to something that has the best of both worlds whilst not going out and spending a fortune. What does everyone recommend?

Agree with silver,h2s runs fine.Make sure you have the latest image and everything is up to date. I use Open Atv 6.2 running suls plugin and it's very good.Also I use service app with ext3 player which helps with some playback issues.There are many ways to set it up,it's just finding the one that works for you.

I'm not saying it's unwatchable by any means, majority of the time it's perfectly fine. It does generally take longer to start channels playing though and it does buffer or loop quite a bit more than other devices, plus I'm sure the picture is clearer on the android box certainly on some channels. I have the service app installed and am using atv with just the bare minimum on it really. Also running Suls latest script with two providers on it.

I use a lot of H2s boxes for friends and family and not had any issues with them but myself I use Vu+ boxes as I have used them since the satellite days and they are much better spec than Zgemma boxes.A lot of people just want the cheapest boxes and I can understand that if you are reselling them but for myself at home I always go for a quality box. When you look at the money you save having Iptv compared to Sly you can afford to treat yourself, but that's just my opinion.

your basically going to look for a S912 or RK3399 box. ideally with 4 gb ram and 32gb ROM. Stick to newer Android 8.1 OS boxes.

There is another threat around where someone goes through a list of boxes with pros and cons, may be worth looking for this.

once i made the move to IPTV i scrapped the E2 boxes as i kept having issues with them.

I have 2 Formuler Z7+ boxes - perfect for streaming. and 3 android boxes scattered in the house. The android boxes all run iptv smarters.

Back