New Direction

Is there a way to use the sky gift on the Zgemma boxes? Is this ever going to be fixed? i.e. Us receiving sky channels on set-up boxes. Don't want to have anything to do with Sky ever!

Really? ... If they're building a new estate for example, I can understand them cabling the street whilst the groundwork is being sorted but it doesn't seem very cost effective for them to send the engineers / technicians back out to put a terminal into every property without getting anything out of it.

I've just bought a new house. The estate has been wired by virmin. When you complete you have to call virmin to get them out to connect the property up.

They give you 3 months free tv and internet they have a special new homes depmartment.

From reading other posts does this mean there is a high chance if I cancel I won't get disconnected? As others posted they now don't send people out to disconnect you.

Best way to keep it for sure is to get there broadband service and you will have the connection for sure as the broadband and Tv come down the same cable

I understand that but I do like to move my bb supplier as you can get some very cheap deals. I.e. Bt last offer £100 gift card and £150 TopCashback 12 month term meant I could get bb and phone for around £6-7 a month equivalent. If it got turned off I could resubscribe. Just wondered about the claims made earlier in the thread

I understand that but I do like to move my bb supplier as you can get some very cheap deals. I.e. Bt last offer £100 gift card and £150 TopCashback 12 month term meant I could get bb and phone for around £6-7 a month equivalent. If it got turned off I could resubscribe. Just wondered about the claims made earlier in the thread
Only time they disconnect now is if more people in your street want it and they have no room left they start removing unsubscribe connections that it is why you would be safer keeping the broadband and the money you would save from the Tv alone would make me take bb to be safe

As I understand it, you need the Virgin feed to be 'live' to be able to use it. That is, you need something like Virgin broadband running already. Even if you have an old Virgin connection, it's no good if you don't subscribe to any of their services. I doubt many of those with Sky line will be willing to pay the minimum package each month to get that Virgin line in and live.

IPTV can be decent but you have to find the right service. I've been trialing a few and the variation in quality is massive. One provider's 'HD' channel's were so obviously a stream of a stream of a stream it wasn't even SD quality in the end.
Trents.. You don't need any vermin services to get dodge cable.. Had and still using old telewest feed.. Never had anything from them or vermin when they took over.. what you have to watch for is.. if you had vermin or old telew/NTL etc but not using it and let's say your neighbour wanted genuine vermin.. then if vermin green box is full up then they will use redundant lines first before running new cables.. luckily for me where I live.. telew put TV and phone lines in all 70 houses.. hence 13 years later still going strong.. Heart goes out to sly users.. My pocket money has gone down now.. not good. Ted

I'm sure ntl was active years ago in my area,how would I go about finding out if there was still an active cable line in the house ?

I'm sure ntl was active years ago in my area,how would I go about finding out if there was still an active cable line in the house ?

Paul, you would need to have a vm wall box in one of your rooms to have had the service to your area, if ntl was there then vm services will be there.
Just sub to their bband, split off that feed, one to the router and one to the cable box. You'll need a vm sub as well mate

As I understand it, you need the Virgin feed to be 'live' to be able to use it. That is, you need something like Virgin broadband running already. Even if you have an old Virgin connection, it's no good if you don't subscribe to any of their services. I doubt many of those with Sky line will be willing to pay the minimum package each month to get that Virgin line in and live.

IPTV can be decent but you have to find the right service. I've been trialing a few and the variation in quality is massive. One provider's 'HD' channel's were so obviously a stream of a stream of a stream it wasn't even SD quality in the end.

I don't have Vbroadband but all working for me.

I don't have Vbroadband but all working for me.

to have vm services running on a box you must have their services to your property either via bband or a basic tv package. Or if your lucky that vm services have been installed to the property beforehand. There is no other way without a vm feed!

Offered sky for 29 a month including sports (not HD), But have gotten used to that on my zgemma. Do I go back to the dark side .....

Offered sky for 29 a month including sports (not HD), But have gotten used to that on my zgemma. Do I go back to the dark side .....
Have been a Sky customer before?

sky.com/offer60 is available to returning Sky customers and gives 60% off for 12 months.

You need a Sky HD box or there is a '40% off and Sky Q' option.

Back