new gigablue hd800 ue, what next?

hi guys,
just got my new gigablue hd800 ue to replace my cloud ibox 2 plus because i wanted to try out the vermin side as well as the sly. could anybody point me in direction to a guide to help me set up the cable side of things. i understand i will need my image installed and my line but im a little confused about how to setup to search for the channels and that. chhers

I assume you ordered it with a VIX image.

There is a guide here

Basically you will run the setup wizard.
Get the IP address off your box.
Load MGcamd or CCcam to your box via plugins or FTP
FTP your line into MG Camd or CCcam
Switch the cam on.

Probably similar to what you have already done with your Ibox.

Cable is similar to sat, go to the cable tuner in the menu
in tuner settings enter your net id. scroll down, enter your symbol rate in "scan additional SR"

Then scan. Then set autobouquet maker up as a "daily" scan to keep everything ticking over.

In autoboquetmaker "providers" I set the "virgin area" the same as my net Id. Scroll through using the right button

autoboquetmaker "order" I set virgin first then sky second.
what this does is to group all the cable channels into films,sport etc.

That means the sat tuner channel list won't be grouped and will just be alphabetical.

Or vise versa if you prefer, but you won't get both lists split nicely into groups.

Last edited:
hi m8,
thanks for that. spot on stuff.
got the box from red apple digital site, i dont think it will have an image on. what image is best for gigablue boxes?

Hi , was thinking of getting GiGaBlue HD 800 UE+ or Octagon-SF8 can you recommond any of them or something different? thanks

Just make sure you buy a "combo" if you want cable.

Haven't seen a combo octagon thought they only done sat.

There is also a guide for combo's now here

Last edited:
just before christmas i got a cloud ibox 2 + but it just didnt cut it with me. i then got the gigblue hd800 ue plus. for the extra money it is well worth it no problems what so ever. love it. as for the sf8 i cant say.

Back