New house/Virgin/Zgemma

NUT

(If this is not OK to ask please remove if necessceary)

Now i going to be moving into my first house (council) pretty soon and Virgin going to be available (I've opted for a weekend phone package with the 300MB broadband)

Now I obviously won't be paying VM's rates for TV (Not made of money) so I would obviously go down the VM Zgemma route. I know with sky it was satellite dish fit 2 cables in back of the dish pay someone for a line and thank you very much but I know it not that easy anymore and I don't think the VM install works as simple as that (especially as I only getting the broadband installed and a phone line)

How would it all work if as I said only the broadband side would be going in? Would I need VM to install TV cables or can it be done by itself?

You need to put a splitter on the end of the cable that vm fit going to your router, then run 2 cables from the splitter, 1 going into the router as the original vm cable did, and the 2nd going into your box. Most cable boxes only require a single cable going into the back of it even if they are twin or triple tuner boxes.

No need for vm to fit it it

The same thick coax type cable that supplies your broadband also carries all the tv stations.

You'll need a technetix/tratec splitter (don't buy a cheap fake as they WILL NOT work) and good quality cables to go from splitter to router and also to zgemma box

So basically all you lot are saying is (this was my big worry) TV with VM is not required? (Watching a video on youtube now) splitter and cable seems to be the things I will need (and obviously a cable box) ;)

So basically all you lot are saying is (this was my big worry) TV with VM is not required?

Exactly, VM TV and Internet runs through the 1 coaxial cable that runs into your house, all you need to do is split it into 2, 1 for the router, the other for the zgemma

Hi :) Bumping my post after a while. I've ordered the H2H today. Can someone recommend me the best splitter and maybe extended cable I would need for the router?

Hi :) Bumping my post after a while. I've ordered the H2H today. Can someone recommend me the best splitter and maybe extended cable I would need for the router?
I would cancel the order for now as there is sone strange things going on with vm channels at the moment , have a read around the forum and decide if you want you carry on with your order and possibly waste money

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A Tratec / Technetix splitter would be best, failing that a Labgear one from screwfix

Cable is RG59, you can buy coils of it or get lengths made up with the ends already on

I would cancel the order for now as there is sone strange things going on with vm channels at the moment , have a read around the forum and decide if you want you carry on with your order and possibly waste money

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not got a satellite dish where I am so cable my only option. Still at least I have access to the free channels and thanks pablo done that online

Not got a satellite dish where I am so cable my only option. Still at least I have access to the free channels and thanks pablo done that online
Unencypted Cable channels are only:

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV 1
Channel 4
Channel 5

All SD, no HD

Without a line, that's all you'll get.

Unencypted Cable channels are only:

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV 1
Channel 4
Channel 5

All SD, no HD

Without a line, that's all you'll get.

Oh i'll be getting a line no problem got a contact so i'll get one from them just hope we don't have the same issues that sky did when they changed the lot but I know it's always a risk with these things

Oh i'll be getting a line no problem got a contact so i'll get one from them just hope we don't have the same issues that sky did when they changed the lot but I know it's always a risk with these things
have you actually read any of the forum and the issues going on with VM just now.?

All channels still intact on SD, one or two HD channels having minor problems

Even if Cs stops next week you'll still have a quality box to run IPTV:(y):

Back