New mag box

BrenMc

Hiya,
Still trying to get to grips with my new mag 256w2 box.
Just wondering about the wireless capabilities of it.
Hopefully when I get a chance I'll try and run a tangible connection as I've ordered 20 metre Ethernet cable. But at the minute my bb is upstairs and box downstairs.
I'm supposedly on 70 mb fibre but when I run a speed test on stalker portal it's recklessly slow couple mb, I just read elsewhere that the speed on the inner portal is a lot faster.
I didn't want to take out a sub yet because I didn't think it would work properly and I didn't want to waste any of the providers time if I hadn't a fast enough connection.
Just one more thing, as I've just received the box do i need to update the software/firmware?
Thanks guys.
Bren.

Hiya,
Still trying to get to grips with my new mag 256w2 box.
Just wondering about the wireless capabilities of it.
Hopefully when I get a chance I'll try and run a tangible connection as I've ordered 20 metre Ethernet cable. But at the minute my bb is upstairs and box downstairs.
I'm supposedly on 70 mb fibre but when I run a speed test on stalker portal it's recklessly slow couple mb, I just read elsewhere that the speed on the inner portal is a lot faster.
I didn't want to take out a sub yet because I didn't think it would work properly and I didn't want to waste any of the providers time if I hadn't a fast enough connection.
Just one more thing, as I've just received the box do i need to update the software/firmware?
Thanks guys.
Bren.
Don't update software yet there seems to be a problem at the moment hang fire for a few days.
Also get a free trail off one of the providers to test.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...ebruary-march-2018.136334/page-18#post-845071

Does anyone know how to update the firmware on the Mag box 522? There is no f2 on the new remote control that comes with the mag box 522 and I pressed the green button and no joy

Back