New member looking for info.

GazLC

I've been looking at the zgemma boxes for a while now and am about to take the plunge. However, it dawned on me I didn't know the answer to a vital question. Do I need a VM subscription to use the H2H (cable) box? I am with BT for phone and broadband currently but have the VM wires in the house.

Thanks

How can I check if the connection is active? I still have the VM box so could I connect it up and see if it shows anything?

Thanks again

No need to put up a dish if the vm line is live as he will be able to watch most channels in HD unlike Sky :)

It seems the line is still active from VM so I'll order the appropriate box, I did consider going for something like a VU+ box so I could have twin cable tuners but I think that may be something for further down the line once I get more into all this stuff. If VM shut the line off I can always put a dish up and use it on the h2h anyway can't I?

I think I read it was to do with the way they are scrambled, the HD channels are move daily but SD aren't. Please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

H2s is a twin sat tuner box
H2H is a single sky tuner and a single cable tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any idea why the zgemma won't show any hd channels on sly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hi moonman. there are no hd channels on sky is due to the encryption systen they use to scramble the channels on the hd platform. it doesnt matter what type of box you use they cant show hd channels.
luckly for all of us who use cs as a way of viewing premium (SD) tv they didnt think it was worth while ( probably the cost ) using this encryption system on all their broadcasts. long may they think this way.

Back