HD51 4K New Mutant User here HD51 on order !!

Hi Apeman,

i was getting freezing with mine, changed cables, splitters, added booster but still got freezing. Not all the time and not on all channels but it was there.

I had an issue with my box so i decided to flash the image on my box and the freezing went away!

As mentioned on lots of posts, you will still get freezing on less popular channels but you never know, try reflashing your box to see if that makes a difference!

Hi Pip,
I'm going to try something that goes into the back of my router which weakens the signal (something VM had to do for my wifi). If that doesn't work then I'll take out and change the splitters over. If that doesn't work then I'll reflash my Mutant. However, my Xtrend is now doing the same, so it's definitely a signal issue :/ I can't change the cables (HD100) because they're in and behind walls etc. However, I've had the continuity check done on all cables including HDMI's and all is well....
Fingers crosses the splitters rectify the issues, but I'm doubtful to be honest.
Think it might have to be something we live with.......

it has been reported that there are issues of freezing and glitches of channels. Even vm themselves are having issues with there new v6 boxes as the coding from mpeg2 to mpeg 4 has caused this.

it has been reported that there are issues of freezing and glitches of channels. Even vm themselves are having issues with there new v6 boxes as the coding from mpeg2 to mpeg 4 has caused this.

Eeeek! Well that sucks! :/
I've had another user check theirs and when mines misbehaving theirs is fine.....
The joys of process of elimination ...... What a headache! :/

Hi Apeman,

Like Southsimon mentions above, there are issues at the moment which would probably explain why your xtrend has started to have issues.

when/if VM sort out their issues and your xtrend settles down again, if you are still having issues with your mutant, i would backup your image from your mutant (keep your image safe, make a copy of the image and put that safe in a seperate place too, you cant have too many backups!) and flash the latest version of openATV 6.1 and see if that makes a difference.

Are you confident with flashing your box?

I had to buy a signal booster to get my signal fully stable. I know you say that your signal to your router is high but that may not be the case going to your box. I am no expert so maybe someone else could advise.

so, backup your image, try a new image, change your splitters, try a signal booster.

Hope that helps!

Let me know if you need me to check anything on my box for you ;):(y):

Hi Apeman,
Are you confident with flashing your box? lol NO! :P

I had to buy a signal booster to get my signal fully stable. I know you say that your signal to your router is high but that may not be the case going to your box. I am no expert so maybe someone else could advise.

so, backup your image, try a new image, change your splitters, try a signal booster.

Hope that helps!

Let me know if you need me to check anything on my box for you ;):(y):

Thank you.
Any ideas as to where I can find the openATV6.1 flash folder? :)

As you also posted on another thread, to save jumping around, as mentioned about the signal booster you now know about, its going to be a case of process of elimination.

I would start with different images as there free. go to the downloads section on here and get the Willobuild for the mutant box. I use it and works brill. its Vix based. you will need to do your own testing. if you don't like that then atv or pli? try and use original genuine equipment. tratec / technetic splitters or get a powered hdu 400 as mentioned on the other thread. hope this help you out !!

As you also posted on another thread, to save jumping around, as mentioned about the signal booster you now know about, its going to be a case of process of elimination.

I would start with different images as there free. go to the downloads section on here and get the Willobuild for the mutant box. I use it and works brill. its Vix based. you will need to do your own testing. if you don't like that then atv or pli? try and use original genuine equipment. tratec / technetic splitters or get a powered hdu 400 as mentioned on the other thread. hope this help you out !!

I currently have the willobuild 5.1....

Try a few different builds.

Some users have found that their signals have been less/more reliable when trying different builds.

Like Southsimon says, as its free, try different builds, but dont forget to Backup,backup,backup beforehand!!!!

Good luck!

Ok, so I need to start this process of elimination me thinks?! :/
I'm going to purchase a booster, but could someone please assist in finding the right one - bearing in mind my feed comes in from front of house through one splitter then it's currently a 3way for the 2 sat boxes.... Thanks in advance

Ok, so I need to start this process of elimination me thinks?! :/
I'm going to purchase a booster, but could someone please assist in finding the right one - bearing in mind my feed comes in from front of house through one splitter then it's currently a 3way for the 2 sat boxes.... Thanks in advance
HDU 400 is the one you want.
Once you have it, it makes sense what to do.

Just to clarify,

you say that your feed comes in through one splitter then its currently a 3 way splitter, Do you mean that the feed comes in to the house and directly in to the 3 way splitter as, to me, reads like it goes in to one splitter then in to another splitter which wouldnt be good and would cause issues like you have...

Just to clarify,

you say that your feed comes in through one splitter then its currently a 3 way splitter, Do you mean that the feed comes in to the house and directly in to the 3 way splitter as, to me, reads like it goes in to one splitter then in to another splitter which wouldnt be good and would cause issues like you have...

Hmmm I hear what you're saying.
I'm fairly sure there's a splitter box on the outside of the house. then it comes into the VM wall box. Cable from that into my 3way then others out - 1 to each box and one into Router.... ?! :/
I'll check that box when I get home. It's always been there, even when my Xtrend was working perfectly... Altho I'm now running 2 boxes on VM

Its worth checking whilst troubleshooting as i am sure you may have read around the forum, 2 splitters on one line isnt recommended.

I know you said that the one box has been working fine but you have been having issues with the mutant.

you never know, it could be down to the amount of times the signal gets split etc....

Yeah i had so many issues with a splitter fitted outside and another inside aswell played havoc with the signal quality but to be fair the cables were over 20yrs old so had virgin fit a new cable from junction grate outside my property and made sure he fitted hdu 400 inside the property because i told him my property is north facing and gets all the rain on the front etc but a lot of them will only fit upto the wall so another fly lead as to be fitted and that makes another unecessary break in the cable to the hdu and then your feeds out of that to hub n boxes etc hope that makes sense :(y):

Its worth checking whilst troubleshooting as i am sure you may have read around the forum, 2 splitters on one line isnt recommended.

I know you said that the one box has been working fine but you have been having issues with the mutant.

you never know, it could be down to the amount of times the signal gets split etc....

indeed. The Xtrend was fine before this new set up to be fair....
So it's worth taking the one out of the brown box outside? I believe it was a one in one out jobby....

Back