new official ds firmware upgrade makes latest r4i 3ds cards not work

When do you suggest this new firmware was released?? R4 cards are all now clones (not to say they don't work) you are better off with an acecard 2i there are regular updates when Nintendo update their firmware.

give us a bit more info, and I will help you out.

Hi Wheelo, I too am having the same trouble, finally got my card to read again as the software had expired.. worked for a few weeks and now its saying the time needs resetting??... are you able to help? I have the black RS4 with Wifi.. took an age to find the righ Kernal as the one i wsas recommended by the site didt work at all!

I have not heard of a RS4 card until I just googled it, but I have never heard of software expiring. is the time on the DS right?? is it aDSLite, or what type of DS is it?? Lastly you say you have the right kernel, by that I presume you mean firmware for your card, if so what is the problem, you might be better off just taking a little time to write your reply, and give as much info as possible, so as we can best help you out.

here goes! I have a DS Lite, when I switch it on I get an error message that says "system error... please check NDS system date". it won't let me go past this screen.

Have you started to begin from scratch, you say you have the correct kernel, put it on the root of a formatted SD card, then just add one game, and see what happens

this is a software/firmware issue easiest way to resolve short term until a new firmware is released is to change date back to anytime in 2010

this is a recurring issue with R4i cards in fact one of my customers called me about the same thing tonight and when he set date back it worked again

this tends to be sorted in the firmware releases so keep an eye out for these and update when available

Normally, I would agree Barry, but it is a DS, so it has no access to the updates during normal use. But, that said, it couldn't hurt to try turning back the date.

Has anyone got the R4i3DS from:

Code:
WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM

Working on 4.0.0.7 Yet?.

There hasnt been a update since may on that 1 boss,still get a acekard 2i before they are so hard to find as paypal is no longer alowing payments to retailers of the flashcarts

Back