New OpenBox v5s and Firmware question

g55

Hi, just after some advice please, just bought an OpenBox V5S and am going through the initial setup, couple of questions, 1. do i need to flash the firmware to something other than what it was shipped with to make servers/Clines work or can i just add a channel list and CLine without a firmware upgrade and have everything work? and also after reading about cloned devices i believe that a firmware upgrade will brick the box after 10 reboots if the box is a clone? so is there any way to tell if my box is a clone?

2. I have downloaded an .abs which i believe is the latest version firmware upgrade for the V5S - file OPENBOX_V5S_3601HD_CMT_140410061.abs, can anyone tell me if this is correct or if a different file is needed? Many thanks in advane for any advice given.

Hi im thinking of geting one of these v5s boxes are they any good?

Depends what your after if you dont mind updating channels every 2 months or so then there great for the price,

but if you pay more you can get a box that updates itself and does a few more things plus better epg things like that.

i have got a skybox/openbox in one room and a cloud ibox 2 plus in the other both are great just one needs updating more than the other.

that sounds like a lot less hassle. think ill research this icloud box 2
thanks for your help. oh does it work with a std dish (not motorized)

that sounds like a lot less hassle. think ill research this icloud box 2
thanks for your help. oh does it work with a std dish (not motorized)

Well its alot more work to get up and running right pain in the arse if youve never used one before haha but yea its definatly worth it.

Yea standard dish is fine,

Dont let me scare you off think i had other problems with my internet at the time.

so i was going mad haha its not as hard as i first made out sorry just takes more tiem not a simple plug and play like skyboxes. but it is well worth the time.

Back