New products - Zgemma H4 and H6

bruce_ica it looks as though you have used the nightly firmware, this is the beginning/base of a build/image, you will have a lot to do to finish it so unless you really want to build/make your own image from scratch it would be a lot easier to do as grog68 has said & use his backup image to save you a lot of work.

I am looking at zgemma h4 which is better that or zgemma h5.2tc i know the latter only has two tuners but i am reading the h4 is slower can anyone confirm ?

Channel scan on the h4 must take near a hour
H7 with sat, talking 10mins
H2s only sat, around 20mins

Never timed it but how long it feels to me

Thanks does either h5.2tc or the h7 have internal hdd slot, I’m guessing the h7 is very powerful with the additional cost from the comments I have excluded the h4 I currently have the h2h but the one tuner thing is a pain how does the above boxes compare to the h2h

The triple tuner is nice, one cable is great

H7 has a internal, but internal is no big deal, won't go much quicker than USB really, not that you will need it any quicker

Just makes the box bigger than it needs to be

I thought the h7 had twin cable tuner and one sat I dont have sat with internal it means I can use a spare 2.5 I have and use the external on h2h which then will be moved to another room in the house never had problems with the external works great

Thanks for your answer what image do you use on that I currently use iPab but don’t think they have one for zgemma h7

I have a build in downloads section if you prefer using a prebuilt image for both the H4 and H7, there are also a few builds for the H52tc.

The H7C is as said the fastest of the 3 models, folloTwed by the H5.2tc and then the H4.

The H4 is perfectly ok for every day use, has a triple dvb-c tuner (cable). Make sure us use a swap file on it which will help a little with the lower processing power.

The H5.2tc is the most popular choice out of the three, it as it has a twin dvb-t2/c (cable or terestrial) tuner and 1 sat tuner, more powerfull than the H4.

The H7C is a great box, 4k, can take internal hdd, can run full Kodi and is fast compared to other two models.

Back