New room at the first fix stage

Hi guys.
Im looking for some advice on a new room set up. Im at first fix stage now. Room is back to brick with cielling down too.
The gear ive got to go in room:
50 inch led tv (not smart)
Zgemma h.2s sat box
Amazon fire stick
Dvr security cameras box
Sky fibre broadband
Dlink network storage box
Xbox one
Bose lifestyle c20 5.1 home cinema system

Whats the best way to join them up?

Cheers.
Alan

What I did, and to be honest I would have run more cable now in hindsight!

Decide where each bit of kit is going, this will give you an idea of cable in/out per unit.
If you have 5.1 where each speaker is run from an amped receiver, then run speaker cable, good quality stuff and terminate in recessed wall boxes to banana jack terminals.

Anything that will need network run at least CAT5e to wall plates nearby - now I have my router and net switch for the whole house in one location (under the stairs) so i've run lots of cable throught he house back to the patch panel and switch.
Bear in mind CAT5 can be used for things other than network, connecting baluns at either end can give you audio, phone, video, or almost anything low voltage low current. So run more than you think you'll need!

Think how you want to get signals to your TV.
I ran several HDMI cables, single video coaxials, sheilded audio cable and CAT5 to wallplates behind the TV, I can connect in or out of any of these as I need to, so DVD/BR games console, PC, Audio return from TV, CCTV feed, whatever.
I have all cabling buried in the wall and terminated properly.
Buy the right cable, not the cheapest, not the most heavily branded and marketed, but good quality good value.

Guido

Back