New setup advice

Hi all,
ive spent last few days researching and my head hurts :bye:.
i have just finished my pool room and want to purchase a box that can provide sky sports, bt sports and PPV ( boxing).
i would like to have a setup that runs through a cat6 Ethernet cable as the old sky dish on my wall is undoubtedly obsolete.
I run a tech friendly house with unlimited fibre.
Im happy to pay for a box with a decent gift, 3 to 6 month ,but really need some advise from u guys.
ive looked at a kodi setup but if I'm gonna gather the boys round for the match and a game of pool I'd rather pay for a relatively guaranteed service.
any advice welcome , thanks in advance.
mods: apologies if this is the wrong place to post, please feel free to move the thread if needs be.

Rusty you will need a sat dish ,regaurd less of an old crappy one outside,as for cat 6 cable its pretty standard stuff,Depends what you are after and can you set the box up your self,take a look at zgemma star s for a good box for the lads,If you need a little bit of help just pm me and will be glad to help out if i can

Last edited:
If you want to just stream stuff get an android box but for better quality of picture and more stability get a sat dish sorted with a minimum twin lnb, that way you can watch and record. Zgemma boxes are good for the price and can mimic sky, openboxes are cheap and need constant channel updates, VU+ boxes are expensive but you get what you pay for with them.

Get the new nowtv box and side load plex and then get a plex server with every EPL game live, aswell as the sly channels, wireless boxes though.

Ok thanks folks. I'll look into these boxes. I take it the zgemma setup will be more stable than the nowtv suggestion? As this will only be for matches I don't know which way to go. Decisions decisions

I don't use a zgemma so can't comment I use an Xtrend and VU+ boxes but have every 3pm sat kick off game on my nowtv box, never had an issue. Another option is an EPL account and plug a PC into the required display and stream all the games live?

I have streamed on laptop before and connected to TV through hdmi but the streams are rubbish and can't be relied upon. We usually just watch Netflix or normal TV in the livingroom, don't watch sky movies at all. Any new release I want I just download. The pool room is at other side of the house from the old sky dish so it would mean running wires over the roof, setting up the zgemma and organising a gift just for weekend sport. The nowtv option seems like my best bet, few wires and minimum setup. I'd actually love to dive into the full zgemma setup as I like a project but can't justify it for all I'll be using it for. Any pointers toward a proper epl account would be great ( apologies if this is against forum rules) .
thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated.

The EPL accounts are not your usual free streams, they are from a premium account that you purchase, all matches in 720p and if your connection can handle it they run flawless, I usually have 2 matches going pip, can't discuss here how to and where to get them but if you PM me I will give you the required info.
The NowTV option is very good or does not have to be nowtv, ant device that has plex and generates a PIN can be used, some "smart" tv's have the function so no box required, its just the nowtv box can be bought for £13 just now for the old one and the server I use covers EVERY premier league game

That's great thanks, I have full fibre 35mb/s down 2mb/s up and 70 ping. Should run it no problem. Does it matter if I get the new nowtv box or the old one. I don't mind paying a little extra for the new one as I can get it today. I'll pm you now gmangt4 thanks

Hi, it's up to you, the new black nowtv box is faster but does the same thing.
Hi again,
just got home with new nowtv black box and was about to set it up when i came across an article talking about how flex is now supported by xbox one and 360. i have 2 xbox ones and a 360 .
Does this mean that i am an idiot who should have just downloaded the flex app to my xbox one ( which is already in the pool room) and then contact the guy for an EPL account?
talk about learning as you go

---------- Post Merged at 05:49 PM ----------

tried it on xboxone. when i try to open plex it sends me to pc to enter pin. this works but then tells me that this application is only available for plex pass subscribers.
dont know where to go from here, will probably just set it up on nowtv box and see how that goes

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ----------

its only early access at the moment on xbox one. paid pass needed to access it.

---------- Post Merged at 06:37 PM ----------

just quick update,got the nowtv box setup and added plex. really nothing to it, thanks.
just waiting on EPL account setup.
Thanks for all the help folks (y)

Moved to general satellite from general chat that has nothing to do with Satellite.

Usually threads like these are closed if in the wrong place, please make sure you select the correct part of the forum when making a new thread.

Back