New Skin Slyk 1 HD (aka bluehd2) Version 1 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try to load it, my box won't reboot just spins, is there another way to reboot my box than the traditional way ?
Cheers

Every time I try to load it, my box won't reboot just spins, is there another way to reboot my box than the traditional way ?
Cheers

You can hard reboot by pulling the power but it's best to figure out whats causing the spinner and cure that. If you have logging enabled, check the log.

Have you got any boot plugins to overwrite the boot screen installed I remember something similar mentioned

Last edited:
well upgraded and its broke my system. epg totally gone, rytec uk for xml importer was removed and now cant download it again :(

My skin didn't break your system. EPG feeds are probably down, that is all. Just bad timing. Comments like this are totally not needed.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain and ask the same question as before but how can I edit it to get rid of the SNR and service icons on the first infobar?
I know I asked on V2 but this seems to be a different set up etc.
I've looked at the infobar-template (backed it up) and tried to delete what I thought was right... only to find my box stuck in a boot loop.
Thankfully I ftp'ed the original back whilst it was trying to boot.
I'm stumped :(

on version 3 its easy. The only file you need to amend is extras.xml. Instructions are in that file. See my new post for v3 in the forum.

Hi All,

Apologies for interjecting & possibly distracting the thread but I seem to be having some trouble as after doing a FTP transfer to my Vu+Solo 2 (big thanks to Simo938 for patiently guiding me through the process). The file does appears in the Solo 2's menu:

Software Management > Install Local Extension > Option 4-Memory/tmp.

I select this Option 4 & press Green for install & then get an on screen message stating: "Done - Installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages (with 0 errors)"

I then exited all the way out, did a restart & then went into skin set up but there was no new Slyk1 selection to choose from - only the previous options that were already there.

The only changes made prior to attempting to install the file was that a "Swap File" of 1024Mb was made to an external USB Stick inserted at the back of the Solo2 as advised to me by Simo938 after showing him the Solo 2's memory numbers.

I tried the process a few times but same result. I would really appreciate any help/advice on this if possible - I am not computer savvy & very novice - I have a Vu+Solo 2 & using OpenATV 5.1.

Many Kind Thanks
Bazzy!

I know you shouldn't need to but I had this problem before where it refused to update so I had to uninstall the skin first then install the new version

I know you shouldn't need to but I had this problem before where it refused to update so I had to uninstall the skin first then install the new version

Could you be kind enough to outline the procedure please? If I uninstall the existing skin or all of them in the skin set up menu, will I be able to easily get them back if for some reason the install fails again? I am novice so very weary of screwing things up!

Many Thanks!

You can uninstall them all but don’t uninstall the default skin

Hi,

Just checked under skins set up & there is <default> followed underneath by 4 other skin options - can they be retrieved easily if deleted & the install fails again for some reason? How then to delete and restore?

Many Thanks!

you haven't actually clicked on the file in the ipk package installer by the looks of that. you should get a tick next to it, then you press green to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back