New Sky Skin coming soon...(BLUE HD 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just give the guy a chance, hes doing it for free - so just wait until its finished, I am sure he will let us all know ! in the interim try the test version!

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 AM ----------

a few amends. Record button been moved into the correct place. And the problem with tuner A and Tuner B overlapping each other if something was being recorded has been rectified by having two separate icons. (should the recording icon be red or white???)

red for me - keeps it consistent !

---------- Post Merged at 09:52 AM ----------

ps, ive been having a go, pressing lots of buttons to make quick changes to view channels, epgs etc and it hasn't glitched once!

I wouldn't bother with the old sky symbols though across the top, it makes it confusing as more than one person has said they cant access them, and I have to explain theyre only there for 'show'

Great work mate, have you ever thought of having a play about with the Frankensky skin by Fraggle? I've always found it to be faster than the blue hd skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Er.... You wouldn't bother with the sky icons. Are you mad. The whole point of this project is to make it look as close to a sky epg as possible. Every sky skin ever created has these dummy icons.

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 AM ----------

When will it be released... Maybe tonight once i have shifted my birthday hangover.

He's doing it for free... Who says i am not going to charge you minions. :) although guaranteed some feckers will try and sell it on ebay.

Kiddac - just a thought on infobar view as above screenshot where the horizontal direction arrows description shows "Time" it may be better to have the text "Mini-EPG" - this might avoid confusion as new users might think they can move along the infobar like you can on a pukka sky box. Not that it takes away from your skin as it is....:fear:

Defo red for the recording picon mate

belated birthday greets fella :lep:

Last edited:
Right. My plan today is this. I just need to code in a 3rd infobar with ECM for the geeks that want it. I then need to code the about page as this is very important to put my author details on it. I then need to go through every screen and fix the ones that dont seem to be showing the buttons at the bottom. Then i am going to release (again) as it should all then be perfectly usuable. After that i will probably just release nightlies on a shared folder on dropbox. Because to be honest there is still a good few weeks work left on this to do every screen and popular plugins

---------- Post Merged at 11:47 AM ----------

I am also seriously considering changing the name of the skin to avoid confusion. Although this started out as a blue hd amend, there is absolutely nothing in it now that is based on Rossi's skin. Its all new. I might call it skyl or slyk or sly or something completely different. Opinions please

"He's doing it for free... Who says i am not going to charge you minions. :) although guaranteed some feckers will try and sell it on ebay."

I've already put a listing up for £3. Any takers?[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

As for the name mate...its your skin so how about "kidda-c-blue" or "kidda-c-sly"? and instead of doing the updates to dropbox have you considered adding your skin to github? (https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-skins) so updates will come through software update? It's certainly deserves to be included...

Totally agree, definitely worth being able to get the updates through software update

Call it what you like, it's nothing like any of the others anymore "Sk'i'ddac"? "Kiddacsky"? actually the 2nd one's sounds like a footy player, though it has a nice ring to it!

i have decided it is going to be called slyk 1.

reboot.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:18 PM ----------

just noticed on the latest openatv software update, its brought in a load of new transparent picons. cool...they work well with my skin.

if your on openatv, just do a software update. Bear in mind software updates sometimes crash your box, so make sure you have a copy of any lines and have a good backup of your image and/or settings.

When the final versions out I might try openatv again didn't like it before that's why I went with vix it seems quicker but that could have been down to skin fragiles was the fastest till I tried your beta

Had a few problems earlier trying to get the 2nd infobar with ECM to work. Reason being its bleeding broke in the python codes as its only coded to work on one particular skin in openatv and doesn't even exist in VIX code so don't know why its in the menus. grrrr. Spent bloody hours pulling my hair out over that.

Anyway to fix this I have now inlcluded this information small and discrete on just the 2nd infobar.

In the next hour I will be finishing the About information page. Making my package. And releasing to the world. EEEEK!

Hopefully all should be good before 10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back