New Starview HD Combo firmware UK and Ireland Cccam fix

please help

please help i need help and i need to sort this box!

i am in manchester, my channels have all gone down i do get FTA but not scrambled, been trying to sort it for weeks, tried reflashing but no luck currently running,
carling but version 1.20 PTC(ok) updated JUL 12...

Please someone help me1!

Starview HD Combo + UK

Hi, I am new to this and would like to know how to program the box on cable?

I have just recieve the box and need to know what the next steps are?

I have read about the carling Uk process but what about the grooverider, do I need to install this as well?

If some has some instructions, you will be of great help and support.

PLease someone help!!!!

what revision works for the SV Combo plus box.

hi just brought this box, but little confused with all versions of groove rider and carling out there.
can some one advise the down loads files that work.
thanks

I am thinking of buying a HD Combo. I have SAT. I know i need a Cline. I just want to know what Flash image i require to flash the box.
I know for cable you require the grooverider 1214 & Carling+ 0712 but does this file also use the SAT tunner

l av seen this file this might b the 1 ur lookin 4 STB_DB_Sky.Fav.UDB 4 the combo new 2 this my self never done combo b4

Can anyone confirm if i just need to flash the box with STB_DB_Sky.FAV.UDB or the Carling+_0712 works for SAT.

Last edited:
Starview Combo + nag3 firmware???

Hi Peeps,
Has anyone got the Nag3 firmware for this box? Has anyone actually got this box working on N3?

hi there folks i have just ordered myself a new starview hd combo. i was wondering if anyone could help me with what firmware i need for this box i believe i'm in a n3 area if that helps.
ps: please be gentle!!!!!!!! i'm verrrry new to all of this i still dont know all the termanoligy yet

many thanks derek

read below not my work But it does work
As most of us are being hit with the N3 strain of cable box flu, I thought I'd post my own guide for all who are struggling to get their channels back on the HD combo via a cable network.

As there is currently no vaccine for the N3 strain, we now have to hook up our boxes via a card sharing server to receive the keys.

Step 1: Get the ****** toolbar
This is a browser add-on that allows you to download the latest files and fixes. Google it, install it. Browse to: Files and Fixes - Updates and Fixes - Starview Fixes - Starview HD Combo and grab yourself the latest GrooveRider and Carling file.
At time of post, latest GrooveRider file is 1214.UAD, latest Carling file is 0712.UAD.

Step 2: Flashing your box.
Pop your GrooveRider & Carling files onto a USB stick. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your GrooveRider file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it do it's thing.
After the update, make sure autoroll is set to on, in menu, press 8989, go to Accessory - key edit (if key edit isn't appearing, try 8989 again) make sure UCAS & autoroll is on.
Now do another factory reset. (not sure if this is necessary, but I did)

You should now be able to pick up all your channels by going to Installation - cable auto search. Let it find all your channels and when done it's time to load your Carling file on.

Browse back to your USB, select Carling file - ok - SW + all data update

Step 3: Setting up the server
Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable won't reach. These cost around £30.
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - IP setup. Network setup should be set to auto and all the numbers should be filled in; IP address, subnet mask, mac address etc. If not, your router isn't setup correctly, make sure DHCP is on, manually assign an IP address using the Mac address of the box, if you don't know how, Google your router's setup.

Now scroll down to CS Net and select Ustream (UK) or Istream (ireland), it should connect and register your box automagically. The server is sometimes down, so if it doesn't connect right away, try later.

That's it! Most of your channels should be back. As of now, a lot of HD channels are not part of the CS network, so you won't receive them. There are also issues with channels freezing or going off completely, this is either a network / software or server glitch. The data being sent to your box is tiny and can probably be run on a 56K modem! Just be patient.

Back