New sucmnsee latest vix backup zgemma - h2s-hs-h2h

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Over 30,000 image downloads from Techkings.org members. Thank you guys and hope I've helped. Enjoy :)

Backup of Vix 4.0.003 for hs h2s h2h 03/10/2016. Not for s, 2s, h1, h2 boxs
Includes Kiddacs wonderful new sky skin

EPG tabs added
EPG Sky numbers added
mediaportal 7.6.1
iptvplayer updated
dsayers script for channel updates

Please do not pester kiddac with questions on his skin if using this setup as a lot of it has been changed or as he'd say fecked!
He'll Hate what ive done with the place but its easy to change to your preference or look at his page for how it was intended. See his thread post 520 For anyone wanting to set it the way it was originally New Skin Slyk 1 HD (aka bluehd2) Version 1 available for download

This download now includes 1 folder and 1 zip/rar file.

if updating by usb use the zgemma folder on usb as usual.

if using the non usb method use the sucmnsee zip/rar file.. it is vix really though.

ftp this zip file to /hdd/imagebackups
(create the folder if needed)

menu
setup
vix
image manager
blue to restore :)

go back and follow earlier instructions for usb setup etc

all plugins up to date.
all frequencies up to date

Set with mgcamd1.38. & cccam2.3 and with all mg_cfg and newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg files needed in place! Just edit ur details in and reboot! DO NOT SEND YOUR FILES IN. EDIT WHATS ALREADY THERE!

Do not online update Vix on any box from Airsat (ibox/zgemma). I have updates turned off anyway.

(If the box boots up without flashing you have usb issue so ask in forum for help :-)

so first unrar the file and use ur fat32 formatted standard usb to put the "zgemma" folder on.
turn off box
insert flash usb in rear
boot up. Box should take 1-3 minutes to flash and say FLSH on front when flashing.
box will boot when finished
No need to press front power button or anything.

OK. Basically u need a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
4gb is minimum I'd recommend. But more is better.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur newcamd.list file in usr/keys or CCcam.cfg in /etc with DCC.
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

If you find that the screen is to large/small/off to side :
Menu
Setup
System
User interface
Position setup
U can change about here. Including transparency of windows.
If not working change to 720p and 50hz and try again.

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland custom to your area custom by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Exit all
Hold power Restart

Menu
setup
System
Epg
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Will seem like its stuck on Loading Data. Wait.
Happens automatically at 6.20 am anyway.
Exit all
Hold power again and restart.

auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
service scanning set to SD and HD replaced where possible
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, mediaportal, tspanel, dreamexplorer, Media scanner, iptvplayer.

TSMedia, kodidirect and youtube plugins add manually. works best.
press plugins
green to download.
select and install. simples :)

To install picons if you want:

google and find a picon folder.
copy the picon folder to hdd main folder.

graphical infobar epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
then graphical epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.

Then channel selection settings.
show picons In service list. Change to yes.

Download image here:

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=569

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,221
  • s epg.jpg
    s epg.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,185
  • g epg.jpg
    g epg.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,591
  • q epg.jpg
    q epg.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,541
  • plugins.jpg
    plugins.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,439
  • iptvplayer.jpg
    iptvplayer.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,330
  • mediaportal.jpg
    mediaportal.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,206
  • tspanel.jpg
    tspanel.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,273
Last edited:
Youll Need to change and enter settings for cable tuner.
Dont knw them as no cable here.
Also ur box will say its a h2s when rebooting but not a problem[/QUOTE]

Right, I've done that, scanned the cable channels, put my lines in, but nor tested it yet.

Next, I need to set up for multiple satellites, 4.8E, 13E, 19.2E,28. 2E, 23.5E, 39E 0.8W, 12.5W, 15W and 30W.
I have an H2H motor currently being used on a Openbox V8S with USALS.
How do I sert up to search each satellite, or can i search multiple sats in one go??

Ta

Kieron

Please keep on topic of the image, not a general set up thread, start your own thread if a site search does not reveal the answer.

Sorry kieron
Without a motorised dish or cable here i cant help on that box but sure someone can in that section.

hi sucmnsee, I see you've added media portal, I tried it myself a while back and wasn't overly impressed, on the basis of not that many English speaking channels etc. obviously you think its worth adding or it wouldn't be there, so can you point me to the best bits rather than having to go through it all?

Hi
I have just ordered a H.2S box, with nothing on it. I need it setting up so i can a sub on it with sky skin
Is this something i can just dump onto the usb and flash?
Im new to all this. They are selling firmware on ebay which is just plug and go. Is this the same thing?

Thanks

Yes pretty much just follow the guide for setting up.
You'll need a usb or hard drive for epg and recordings then a ftp program to connect to box I use filezilla courtesy of Tich

Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla
On your Box Menu > Info> Network > Get your box IP address
Open up Filezilla Host (top left ) Type in IP address Username root Leave others blank Press Quickconnect
Box should then connect to computer Left side computer, Right hand box
For N lines
On right hand side locate usr Double click it Then Keys Double click It You should now see 2 files Mg and Newcamd list On Newcamd list Left click/right click Then click View/Edit ( It may ask you what program you wish to view the file choose Notepad) You will see 1 sample of what your line should look like either edit your line details or Delete up to CWS = (space either side of = )
Copy and past your line Less the N: in its place*
Disconnect from Filezilla By Clicking the X just under bookmarks top of page
Press blue button on remote control >.Softcam Manager Select Mg 1.38 and start cam Restart box (not with GUI)
For C lines*
Instead of usr/keys on box Your line goes Complete with the C in the Ect folder on box and select CCcam and start in Softcam manager and restart box
Hope it helps

sucmnsee after 3 days of pulling my hair out ive finally got it working,well chuffed,only question is your backup already set to 1080p also are the sly channels still limited to sd,too my understanding i will need anouther line if i want hd,but im happy with what i got in all fairness just asking out of curiosity.:yes!:

hope everyone had a good christmas

ps one of your final steps have these already been alter or do i need to alter them as i cant find them anywhere
auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, mediaportal, tspanel, dreamexplorer, Media scanner, permanent vfd clock, iptvplayer, softwaremanager

Last edited:
sucmnsee after 3 days of pulling my hair out ive finally got it working,well chuffed,only question is your backup already set to 1080p also are the sly channels still limited to sd,too my understanding i will need anouther line if i want hd,but im happy with what i got in all fairness just asking out of curiosity.:yes!:

hope everyone had a good christmas

ps one of your final steps have these already been alter or do i need to alter them as i cant find them anywhere
auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, mediaportal, tspanel, dreamexplorer, Media scanner, permanent vfd clock, iptvplayer, softwaremanager
I could be wrong but NO line provider does complete Sky HD anymore as Sky have changed the encryption method. There are still some HD channels available but most line providers offer these anyway.

Got it! can I install this on zgemma h.2s and how do I backup image it will only let me backup to internal memory thanks

This defo works with H.2S muk just installed it fecking awesome too compared to my old f5s,just trying to sort the playback and all sorted sucumanse leg end lol seriously good work.

As for the backup mate im unsure.

Installed this a few days ago onto my h2h and it is working great with vm cable. Did not have to select tuner as it had already set it up on tuner 2. All I had to do is set tuner 1 to disabled as it kept popping a message up, scan my local vm provider and ftp a line. Thanks for all the great work you do sucmnsee it is much appreciated.

Pizzacheaze did you need to do anything to get the pause play button service working,or did it work straight off for you.

Yes pretty much just follow the guide for setting up.
You'll need a usb or hard drive for epg and recordings then a ftp program to connect to box I use filezilla courtesy of Tich

Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla
On your Box Menu > Info> Network > Get your box IP address
Open up Filezilla Host (top left ) Type in IP address Username root Leave others blank Press Quickconnect
Box should then connect to computer Left side computer, Right hand box
For N lines
On right hand side locate usr Double click it Then Keys Double click It You should now see 2 files Mg and Newcamd list On Newcamd list Left click/right click Then click View/Edit ( It may ask you what program you wish to view the file choose Notepad) You will see 1 sample of what your line should look like either edit your line details or Delete up to CWS = (space either side of = )
Copy and past your line Less the N: in its place*
Disconnect from Filezilla By Clicking the X just under bookmarks top of page
Press blue button on remote control >.Softcam Manager Select Mg 1.38 and start cam Restart box (not with GUI)
For C lines*
Instead of usr/keys on box Your line goes Complete with the C in the Ect folder on box and select CCcam and start in Softcam manager and restart box
Hope it helps

But it says something about a zgemma folder? This box is straight from the box
Do I need to do anything else apart from download the firmware and press go?

Back