Cable New to H7C

Paulo663

Just ordered a H7C as my H2H box has just died after many years of good service.
Quick question, does the H7C come with Open ATV already installed from Zgemma UK or will i need to install myself.
Looking to use Wooshbuild Infinity.

Cheers

Yea it will but you might want to flash at anyway
Just incase it doesn’t have 6.2 on it

5 mins will do it
Have downloaded Openatv file from Zgemma UK for the H7 and unzipped it.
Do i copy full Zgemma folder or the H7 folder onto my USB ?.
Cheers

you don't need to download, turn box on and insert a usb stick and then press the blue button and select 'flash online', on the next screen press the green 'online' button and make sure it lists 6.2 images (you might have to press blue button) and then select last image in the list. If there are no 6.2 images then you will need to use the image you downloaded

you don't need to download, turn box on and insert a usb stick and then press the blue button and select 'flash online', on the next screen press the green 'online' button and make sure it lists 6.2 images (you might have to press blue button) and then select last image in the list. If there are no 6.2 images then you will need to use the image you downloaded
Cheers, expecting delivery of new box tomorrow or Wednesday

Hi ronnie, did you copy the full zgemma or the H7 file on to your usb to flash to 6.2.
Unzip the file then transfer the zgemma file to usb, Power off the box put usb in rear usb slot then power up whilst still holding the standby button on the front. Hope that help's.

You'll be amazed by the speed of that H7. I took possession of a H7.s, at the weekend. All the files loaded like lightning. Doing backups, etc, are lightning fast to. So far, I find it a great box, compared to my H2 & H5.
Enjoy.

ATV works best on zgemma's although the newer models like the H7 can use VIX :)

Others available but ATV & VIX are the most common builds/images

Last edited:
I'm using ATV 6.3, with infinity, works good.
Now that you are on 6.2, if you use the Blue Button, as explained by grog68, you should see the 6.3 there. Might be worth doing that, bring you bang up to date.
If I were you, I wouldn't do any Software Updates, from within the Blue Button Menu. I did & ended up having to reflash again, as it messed things up. Been working fine for a few months now, & no updates.
The only thing that will need updating, is the E2i plugin & it is updated from within it's menu.
I hope that helps.

Back