New to skybox f3

freccle

My daughter has just got a Skybox f3 which quite frankly I’d never heard of before. As I’m about to cancel Sky, from what little she’s told me about it, it sounds just what I want.
She seems to get all the Sky channels with no subscription! But how come hardly anyone has heard of these – and are they legal???

I understand they connect to your router, which isn’t a problem but how much data do they use?

I have a data package of 60gb a month – is that sufficient?

And how easy are they to record from? Sorry for all the questions but these are totally foreign to me. If it does what she reckons it does, how come everyone hasn't got one??

She will pay a subscription of some sort, she has either bought a overpriced box with it already included or she pays a subscription to a server.

They are legal as a Free to air channels box

Use next to nothing as far as data goes, it does NOT stream the picture like you may be thinking

You can record via a USB hard drive or stick but only the channel you are watching

If you have paid about £120 - 150 for your box
it will come with a "gift" and will already be set up for you
usually for twelve months.

When your gift runs out you will need to
find a server to get it working again.

If you pay about £50 -60 for the box it will
not have a gift.

You will have to find a server and enter
a cline, a piece of code to make it work again.
You will pay a sub to the server for supplying
you the cline.

So it will do you no harm to read
the stickys, at the top of any section
Yours are here (just click)
These are tutorials on how to set up a box.

Post in that section if you get stuck.

There are lots of different boxes.
This is a budget box and is becoming very popular.
There is plenty of help about so don't
be scarred to take the plunge (y)

Hi, i am no tech head, if I buy the box, the wireless dongle, where do I get a subscription from or rather who do I go to, I have tried look with google and it comes up with boxes and gift combos, also approx how much is 12 months subscription please.
thanks..

Back