New to the h2 after using skybox f5 s for 2 years

J10KLN

Hi, just recieved my zgemma star h2, i've been using a sky box for the last few years and found them very good but it was time for a change as they are quite dated now and the epg is poor.

If anyone could give me some clear advice on how to set these boxes up and what type of line do i need, nline? Cline? Or could i use my old provider line (from my skybox)
do i need to 'flash' the box before i start anything?

After the bad winds we have just been having i have to re-position my dish and will be doing this tomorrow so obviously right now i can't tune in my channels.

Also can somebody tell my how i get this 'blue sky skin' onto the new box or can i not do this before 'flashing'

sorry to sound like a full on ****** but these boxes take a bit of getting used to compared to the basic skyboxes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi, just recieved my zgemma star h2, i've been using a sky box for the last few years and found them very good but it was time for a change as they are quite dated now and the epg is poor.

If anyone could give me some clear advice on how to set these boxes up and what type of line do i need, nline? Cline? Or could i use my old provider line (from my skybox)
do i need to 'flash' the box before i start anything?

After the bad winds we have just been having i have to re-position my dish and will be doing this tomorrow so obviously right now i can't tune in my channels.

Also can somebody tell my how i get this 'blue sky skin' onto the new box or can i not do this before 'flashing'

sorry to sound like a full on ****** but these boxes take a bit of getting used to compared to the basic skyboxes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Start by reading here : http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

This will give you the basics, read as much around the forums as there are few images you can flash. If you look in the Zgemma firmware section you'll find a couple in there with all the work done.
Get your magic from here :-) http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html

Hope that gets you started. There is much more to these boxes than your F5, you will enjoy the epg for sure !

No problem, we all need some help and direction in the beginning.
Allow yourself a good couple of hours to set up , have a fun weekend too :-)
Cheers

Back