new to this what do i need

millz

hi all,

A mate of mine has got a zgemma box for his cable line and has said I can do it for my satellite.

I have the sky dish and cables coming into the living room, what else do I need?

I would only be looking for a cheapish box for the time being.

I have a harddrive and usb sticks to hand also.

Have a look here first
http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/77914-buyers-guide-best-box.html
Decide what box suits you're needs and pocket then after it just pretty much flashing the box with the software and then getting a line mate.
I use a xpeed lx2 which allows you to record one channel while watching another and I find it a good box there are others that do the same have a look at the link above and use the search bar to brouse the forum that's how I started mate.

Hi,

Start with the cheapest option i.e. a openbox v5s/v8 and a n-line from a reputable seller. Shouldn't cost more than £100.

Nowadays it's best to buy a line on the sat side for 3 months at a time , also you will only get a few hd channels now due to their encryption, so cable might be a better alternative if you can get it ,

Start of with skybox/openbox 40quid then just ad channel list the line from here as said just 3 month a time a do nowadays but if you find a good supplier that's the hard part

Back