New Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup 12/04/2015

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
New Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup 10/06/15

Edit NEW VERSION NOW AVAILABLE HERE. VIX 3.2.005 19/09/15

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-2s-s-h1-h2-sucmnsee-backup-full-version.html

ITS THE OLD VERSION BELOW!

Edited with fresh unofficial vix 165 10/06/15 :)

Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup
Set with both cccam2.3 and mgcamd1.38. and with all CCcam.cfg, mg_cfg and newcamd.list files needed in place! Just edit ur details in and reboot!

Lots of Tweaks from my usual images to try and speed up and get more working. kodidirect settings loaded from another forum

just set up ur usb correctly and everything will be set to correct paths

(Just change provider in service searching/ autoboquetmaker to your local, 'start scan' and add ur line ;-)
auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set (run first time or wait til 5.15am will be automatic)
cross epg setup to hdd
picons set up (just add the included folder to /hdd and reboot)
service scanning set to SD and HD replaced where possible
256mb swapfile setup (just create on usb/hdd)
Added 2014 SkySkin to vix dark skin
Front clock fix
Includes mgcamd, mediaportal, ondemand, tspanel, dreamexplorer, OpenWebif, Picture player, Media scanner.
TSMedia 10.1 with quite a lot working
KodiDirect with lots working!

OK. Basically u need a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur 2 files in usr/keys with DCC.
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on. Within 1 minute do:
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (never GUI)

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland to your area by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Hold power Restart

Menu
setup
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Happens automatically at 5.15 am anyway.
Hold power again and restart.

To add favourites:
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Keep bouquet
Select favourites
Save
Start scan
hope it helps :)

ok
2 plugins. pic player and openweb removed to get size down to <125MBa
Easily added again.

Attachments

• IMG_20150508_213332.jpg
    IMG_20150508_213332.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20150508_221112.jpg
    IMG_20150508_221112.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20150508_213454.jpg
    IMG_20150508_213454.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20150508_213428.jpg
    IMG_20150508_213428.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20150508_213440.jpg
    IMG_20150508_213440.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20150508_221012.jpg
    IMG_20150508_221012.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
is the box that bad as it needs a swapfile setup,only the old slow solo and duo did??

Your useful and constructive input, as always, appreciated dude lol

If you want to give out the other boxs to all us porpers plz. Feel free ;)
Just trying to make these best bang for buck boxs work as best they can for anyone who cant afford the expensive ones. Ta.
---------- Post Merged at 01:37 AM ----------

Sucmnsee would this also contain the virginskin and work similar to what you have set up in your pics?

Sorry I cant put that in due to image flash size restriction, but easy to add later.

Last edited:
Will give it a try this week. But my understanding is that a swapfile is dumped to usb when box is rebooted so not sure how it speeds/slows a box in general use. Can u tell me the craic with it?

as far as i know as you said it dumps to usb,virtual ram? been told not to use it on solo2 as i was and could slow box down and cause problems.what i would ask do the makers of box suggest to use a swap or not?

Hi sucmnsee, i already have an earlier version installed, if i flash with this will it just update, but keep previous settings/n-line? Cheers

any local settings will be wiped too unless you take a settings backup. but to be sure i would just change again in new imnage

yeh best is do from scratch. all im doing is giving a quick fix for people who havnt got the knowledge to do straight off the bat. i wish when i started with the ibox id of had that lol

---------- Post Merged at 01:11 AM ----------

what i dont understand is how a dump to usb as box is booting can affect general use later on. not bothered about slower boot times though

Just one thing id like to say.

my backups are just settings that take a little while to go through. They are not anything original or impossible to for anyone who spends a little time with the box.

Any and all the intelligent stuff is done by the image guys and the plugin guys.

I just put a copy of what I use online to help people the way I was helped at start.

But I completely understand why someone working to make something good would be angry when its bastardised to work on something they dont plan. So end user experience isnt what they want it to be.
Vix is a great image on any box its been on so have to just sayy that bit. Not looking for a discussion. Just wanted to give a bit of respect to the ones that really work at it. Thank you.

Ps. (Hypocrite)

flashing with this image waiting now for 30 mins is that normal? also have red light on front of box cant remember if that is normal.how long can i wait before pulling and trying again?

Did u redownload last night/today? File was faulty but fixed. Try redownload.

---------- Post Merged at 11:51 AM ----------

Should take 6-12 mins

There appears to be an Vix Apollo 166 available? How is this version 165 working better/differently compared to the previous 153 version?

Back