New Xbox 360 Slim Hacked

axxxo

VIP Member
[video=youtube;BbRvrwWoSJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbRvrwWoSJY[/video]

"Team Xecuter have been working closely with Team Jungle & C4E for several weeks now on the new Xbox 360 250GB Model (some call it 360 S or 360 Slim). We are pleased to officially announce that the team has successfully patched the DVD Rom to be able to play backups.

This is the first successful step and there is much work still to be done for the general public's consumption."

I find it strange myself though that the video does not show the game when they are ejecting or playing it on the dashboard.

Team executer are renowned for their dedication to the scene so its hard to not believe this yet doubt still spreads throughout their followers.

This video may well be a "reserved space" before anyone else hacks it!

Last edited:
hey axxxo, are the mods for the xbox done via software or do you have to open it up and put in a chip?
is it easy to do, child easy or tech geek easy, or poxy hard?

i would say pre 2009 360's would be tech geek easy, although everythings easy once you have the right tools :)
Newer 360's have different types of dvd drives which do need a chip.

Basically older the better, you need to hook up the 360's drive in every case to the computer in order to flash it. Some drives are easier than others so you need to check out which drive you have by opening up the 360 and then go from there.
An absolute pain in the rectum starting off but well worth the end result!

cheers axxxo, and are the backups *cough,cough* as easily available as the Wii games? I have a guy in work who is interested, If he opens the XBox, is there a sticker on the drive or how do you tell the different type of drive?
also, do you make back up disks or do you put them onto the hard drive?
thanks for your patience

The make and model is on a sticker on the drive itself, pray you have a benq as they are the easiest and the next best to a liteon.
You can get backups extremely easy, some before their release dates too ;)
Backups are played from discs unless you jtag the xbox which is a different kettle of fish altogether, id stick to the discs starting off.
Jtags can only be performed on models with a certain dashboard update or earlier.
MS released an update which prevented later dashboards from being jtagged the pricks
Any more questions feel free to ask wheelo!!!

cheers axxxo, i have been doing some research around the interweb, so is this it in general basic terms,
what you are doing is rutting new software on the DVD drive to allow it to read the backups, you are not doing anything to the motherboard.

also, is there any difference between the X Box and the X box 360(are they the same, as i hear different people using the 2 terms), in terms of putting this software on, i know you said that pre 2009 is easiest.

When people talk about the very old xbox, the big clunky black one they'll refer to it as the xbox original and then the new one as the 360. I believe they are still working on the homebrew side of things for both.
I believe they are in the testing stages of an emulator that will play ps1 games on jtagged 360's so the scene is very active on this side of things.
The only time your messing with the motherboard is if you are jtagging or uncrippling.
Newer dvd drives need traces to be cut on the pcb of the drive and a bit of soldering with the chip although they do have a new model out where no soldering is needed but traces still have to be cut and then the have to be flashed whereas older drives need to be just flashed.
The connectivity kit which you will here lots about is the best piece of kit to use when flashing and of course, there are different models of that too.
If you start off by finding out what drive you have ill let you know exactly what you need to go from there :)
You need a T10 bit to open the 360 wouldnt hurt to have a T8 either and something like a very small flat head screwdriver or the tool thats available for opening the 360.
It is daunting starting off but once your given the right info itll make things that bit easier.
check out homesicks sticky in the 360 section for opening the 360

Last edited:
Back