New ZGEMMA-STAR 2S Twin Sat

Ok I'm stuck again. I'm at the bit on sucmnsee guide about swap manager. I don't get what I've to do when it says "make sure it's created, enable at start up and active".

nellie1704

hi ive just recently bought zgemma star 2 and already unsure what im doing. i thought i would update from m8 amlogic android box.

problem is as soon as i power on the box i get the openvix screen then an error screen saying we are really sorry your reciever encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted. please send the logfile /home/root/logs/enigma2_crash and just keeps restarting

Ok I'm stuck again. I'm at the bit on sucmnsee guide about swap manager. I don't get what I've to do when it says "make sure it's created, enable at start up and active".
Click on menu,set up,vix,mount manager. Have you done this step yet. Then menu,set up,vix,swap manager. Make sure the box is ticked and it says enable swap at start up and it's active

Last edited:

Make sure USB is intitialised first (as Zakutd said) and then create swap manager by going to

Menu
Setup
VIX
Swap Manager

Then choose create swapfile and select 256MB option. You will then see it as 'Active'
Once done then select option to 'enable at startup'

Cheers guys again. Great advice. I have two more questions. How do I get my line on and how do I change it from being Northern Ireland bbc, itv etc

Loads of posts on this issue bud - you will need an FTP prgramme such as filezilla or dreambox control centre. Read through this thread and use serach facility also to find answers

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67120-zgemma-nline-setup-help.html

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 PM ----------

And if you continue to have problems, just post a new thread. I don't mean for amy response to be unhelpful but sometimes better to try first so you learn the basics and then forum members can help when needed

That's me got everything sorted thanks to everyone's help. Sucmnsee's vix 165 is awesome as well. Cheers again everyone. I will use the knowledge I have now from yous to try and help others where I can.

It's the new Vix image but seems a few teething problems till it's sorted and running properly I'm staying where I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just got a H1 to replace my Skybox f5s and generally I'm happy with the extra features and options.

Although the SD picture quality doesn't seem as good, seems a bit blurry. Anyone else coming from a Skybox experience this? Maybe I just need to change some settings.

Hi, my I managed to set up everything fine on my zgemma 2s using the excellent image provided on this thread.
Everything was working until a few days ago but now my n line has stopped working.

Could anyone suggest a solution?
I have done the following so far (and nothing has worked!):
- restarted the box
- restarted the softcam - mgcamd 1.38
- checked the n line details are still stored in usr\keys folder
- checked the internet connection and just restarted the router. (Box is connected via a home plug to the router by the way).
- re scanned the channels

Nothing has worked!
FTA channels are working ok.
N line has just been checked on a different box and is working (tested on same internet connection)

The only thing I have done recently is removed the USB and tried to plug it in to my PC which seemed to mess it up so I had to re-initialise and reset the mount.
All that seemed to be rest though as I can now record programs to the USB again.

Any ideas??

Thanks

I'd check ur line is still active

As mentioned, the line is still working.
Luckily I still had it all setup on my old box, so plugged it back in to confirm it was still working.

Think I might just resort to restoring the image from scratch as I think I know how to finally work this box now!

Back