New ZgemmaStar2s Vix 109 04.01.2015 sucmnsee

I have a zgemma star 2s and am having a few issues with it. mainly the front panel just displays -00- and nothing else once loaded. also struggling to find any plugins in its built in library and have read TSmedia and TSpanel dont work well on Vix, is this true?
Also you mention making sure the permanent hdd/usb is connected, is it essential there is a hdd connected (does the image install plugins/settings to it) if i dont plan to record at the moment?

another thing, and i dont know if this is a vix thing or me, but the epg isnt displaying listings on every channel

Last edited:
Front panel is because the image is modded for these as vix dont support these boxs.
if u use a different brand of image it will work. Its just that to me that doesnt matter and I prefer vix.

Tspanel and tsmedia run fine when set up and updated in the plugin itself. As well as any other boxs. But lots blocked in uk.

Use tspanel to dl plugins if u cant get in plugins menu.

The hdd isnt essential but ur box will eventually burn out much quicker with epg etc writes. And streaming video works with usb much better as buffer.

Menu
setup
System
epg
epg location. Set to /media/hdd taking stress to usb/hdd.

Then
menu
setup
crossepg
configure
storage device to "usb/hdd"
scheduled download to once a day. Set about 5am
save
opentv providers. Set skyuk.
save
"Download now". Takes 5 mins or 10

Reboot

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Just got one of those zgemmas star 2s , so now the questions , what is the first thing I must do ? (plz don't state obvious turn on lol ) after doing that then what?? Do I make a back up of whats on and then put the new version flash openvix -Apollo 153 ? I don't know whats on box because I need to get another lead from dish for tuner B, just gathering info ready for switching on , Whats the best Image ?? so many questions lol,
looking forward to all the Info. Whats the best image ? I want the s*y skin but not sure whos is ok succmnsee or mtpockets is there a difference ? I will be getting a USB 500gb external Hard Drive
Cheers

Last edited:
My mate has just got his zgemma. Once he's installed the modded version of vix can he just download plug ins through the box as normal or will this brick it?

Just purchased zgemma star 2S box and upgraded openatv to latest image, but just cannot get Cline running just seeing FTA channels. Any ideas?

What version of Cccam are you running and is your CCcam.cfg in /usr/keys or /etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, I just got my zgemma2s box, I really want to add the vix image here, can I flash with the Vix image from Sucmnseeor do i need to update first to the Vix image on the zgemma site?

thanks

Was thinking the same myself Rustymg , had to scroll through to see who was using this image lol.

After moving acroos CCcam file to etc folder, I cant seem to find it on sgemma box. when i go to softcam manager, all it states is CCcam.2.3.0 with green tick in box. Only showing FTA channels. Can anyone help before I lost the plot??

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 12:16 PM ----------

Was thinking the same myself Rustymg , had to scroll through to see who was using this image lol.

After moving acroos CCcam file to etc folder, I cant seem to find it on sgemma box. when i go to softcam manager, all it states is CCcam.2.3.0 with green tick in box. Only showing FTA channels. Can anyone help before I lost the plot??

also even when watching FTA channels, every 15 minutes or so an Error message comes on screen saying 'SoftcamCheck Error (failure instance: Traceback bla bla..., any ideas what this could mean?
Thanks again

Think I may have to return the box. It should have been plug and play haha

Thanks

thanks

Back