Newb question

Jam33

I'm thinking of ditching my f5s for obvious reasons and investing in a vu solo 2, as I'm a newb I'm not too sure on setting these boxes up. I've seen if I buy from wos they will pre-install the vix image for me is that correct?? What else would I need to install to get me up and running?? I currently have a cline with my f5s. Thanks in advance for your help

I actually just bought my vu+ solo from WOS and I can say right now that the service was top notch. Ordered and got my parcel in 24 hours. Went for the solo because of the price and I didn't have a dual LNB, so didn't need the twin tuner. I wish I had gone for the solo 2, but I'm happy so far with the solo. Read the guides on WOS. Your box will come with an image installed, either openvix or black hole. Use a FTP client like FileZilla to copy over your CCcam.cfg from the f5s to the vu box. The guides will help. Read them first.

If you can follow instructions patiently and carefully, then there is nothing much more to install on it.
a channel list if you want, or the autoboquet maker will scan for and keep up to date all your channels (so no more channel list updates)
an EPG, not too huge a problem once you have a USB or HDD attached
a program to allow you to install your line on the box, again not too much trouble.
your line, using the above program.

That is about all you will have to do. there are tutorials around here, that once followed help it to be as painless a process as possible.

the tutorial I wrote is here >>> http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo2-support/56931-enigma2-box-vix-setup.html

my god moving from a skybox to a solo2 best choice,yes image comes loaded ,you will have to load an ipk file file by ftp to box and add your line in,plenty of tuts for enigma2 boxes be it solo/solo2/duo/octagon ,and you need 2 sat cables for the solo2.
oh and decent working usb sticks ,cruzer/kingston either for flashing or for epg.

Update. Just realised that the vu+solo is really out of date compared to other enigma based receivers. The octagon series would have offered me more bang for my money. Anyway, still think Linux based boxes are a whole world apart from the skybox series. You won't regret the move.

I have a vu+ solo but recently I have lost my movie channels. is there another plug in or advise that you give to get them back?

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ----------

I have a vu+ solo box but recently I seem to have lost a few f my channels, mainly movies. Is there another plug in that I can download or give me advise on how to get them back?

Back