newb wanting some advice/help

shabir

Hi guys,

I got a libertview f5s last year, and it came with a line for 12 months, seller at the time said dont worry ill be able to give you a line for another 12 months. But know that i need it, he says he dont do it any more.

So ive been left to try and sort it myself.

Been doing some reading around the forums and see there are two types c-line and n-line, and people usually saying n-line is the better option?

What i want to know is, using my libertview f5s, which lines does it support and which should i opt for?

Or is it a case of the server set up from the provider i wish to go for?

At the moment im a bit confused with how i even get a line put on, have found a previous post of someone getting help with installing a line so will read that over again, only thing i know how to do on the box is a channel update aha

Shabir, I prefer nlines personally! They're easy enough to install if you have a usb stick. It's a 2 min job so it's not too difficult
hope this helps

Last edited:
are all boxes able to support n line? if not how can i check what my box supports?

TBH I dont know much about the box as I never use it, its the family who watches it, i dont get time for tv :(

brill thanks for that, will do some more reading up on the two lines then and see what to go for, n does seem to be the preferred choice tho

Correct and as you've requested one in the appropriate section I'm sure if you check your notifications you'll get sorted out fella

yh i requested cline at 1st as last night i was completely clueless and the family kept banging on about me to get the box sorted, once i had replies and people offering test lines, i was hmm where do i go next, but the many old posts have helped me greatly, found some good posts just know on the difference between the lines, hopefully should be back up and running by end of day.

Also i think it may have been better if i never actually got my kit of that guy previously, and just got it all set up my self, im also know contemplating the idea of upgrading the box. One feature we lost is the ability to record and i see you can get boxes with two tuners to let you do that.

you can record on your existing box using a usb flash stick,the better type boxes do take a bit of setting up so if your are struggling with your libertview box you mind find the other boxes a little harder to do,as for your line choice go with an nline for mgcamd on your box as it will give you a more stable line,stops freezing and glitching,As for choosing a line supplier from the request section stick with vip or veterens as most on there are resellers looking for a quick buck,I would also recommend they have been on the forum for at least six moths so are trust worthy of some kind

Back