Newbie - Advice Needed

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the world of cable/sat receivers and all the config and setup required. I've done a fair bit of reading on these forums to pick up bits and pieces, but have a few questions I would appreciate advice on please:

1. What are the best boxes with twin cable tuners? Think this is what I need if I want to watch one channel and record another (VM customer).

2. What is the best image to use for a VM cable setup?

3. I've read that you can stream through Kodi from these boxes (i.e to another room in the house with an AFTV Box). How does that work, is it dependent on the 2 tuners (i.e. Watch one channel in one room on the box and another through Kodi in another room)?

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1) best would be Vu, Xtrend ranges or the Edision Mega. Yes, that's what you need for watching one recording another.

2) depends on preference, but OpenATV and OpenVix are the best supported on here.

3) yes you can, it streams through the Vu client on the PVR section. Can also stream through other devices. I think it is dependent on the tuners but not 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/77914-buyers-guide-best-box.html have a look at this, I know it's in satellite section but will still be useful.

Back