newbie for some help been out of the loop for ages

ukroy

just need some help in the right direction had the old eurovox cable box that give all the channels from ntl or virsgin as it is now before nagra 3 came along and killed everthing about 6 years ago:(
I have a friend that has a kryptview a780 which I belive is the same sort of setup but has to go on a router
can anyone bring me upto speed and tell me what box to get if any i want my free channels again lol
iam in the south on virgin media which years ago was cable and wireless
roy

Kryptview is the only box without subs.

Pretty much every other box on sat or cable requires a subscription to a server to
allow you to watch the $ channels. They all need to be connected to a router these days.
Expect to pay somewhere in the region of £60 -90 per year for cable.

Have a read here
if you are interested in this type of thing.

Last edited:
Yes its was like the old box u just been the basic package from your cable provider or a signal coming in.
do the new box's work the same way but have to have a router in line all the time which box's are best

You get what you pay for, so it all depends on your budget and what you expect in the way of functions from the box.

Basic boxes will get you all the channels just like the expensive ones, now and next EPG, set recording like the old video method, start time, channel, duration etc,
manual channel sorting.Build quality won't be as good, some have had tuner issues so picture has broke up.

Better boxes are E2 type boxes, they are more fiddly to set up, full 7 day EPG, channels automatically
sorted into groups, easier to set recordings, better build quality, no issues with various components, good support.

Follow the links in post 2

Press the word "here"

Back