Newbie: I've had a BM7000s HD for about a year. Don't get all the channels

MoJo78613

Hi,

I've had a BM7000s HD for about a year or so. Bought through a third person, plugged it in and all was well. Until last month, alot of the channels are now missing (& I mean alot... :-( ). Did the odd scanning previously to recover lost channels. However, this time it has not worked, been like that for a couple of weeks.

The current system information page shows the following:

* model - BM7000S
* S/W - Version Jan 5 201281*
* H/W - Version 1.00
* Boot Version - 5.30
* CH version - F015

Does this mean anything to anyone? I currently have not got a clue. Not sure what to do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ok where do we start.....
Being an ex sat fitter its sometimes hard to find out what the problem is straight away..
There are 2 bits of hardware the receiver and the dish with the LNB.
The only way that your going to know if the LNB is ok without a meter is to simply connect another receiver to the dish.(friends sky digital or freesat)
If the other receiver works and you get all the channels then the dish is fine.
If the other receiver works and all the channels are there it usually means the problem is your receiver.
If you don't it usually means the LNB is faulty and you need to get upto the dish and change it...
You can tell the LNB is faulty by what channels are missing it usually either the horizontal channels or the vertical channels that are missing..
To test the receiver you need to connect it to a friends dish and see if you can get the channels there when done a new scan if you do it means your receiver is fine and working OK.

Last edited:
Just wondering what channels are missing, as in can you get all the FTA ones ? Im guessing youve checked to see if your server is still active, yes?

Ok where do we start.....
Being an ex sat fitter its sometimes hard to find out what the problem is straight away..
There are 2 bits of hardware the receiver and the dish with the LNB.
The only way that your going to know if the LNB is ok without a meter is to simply connect another receiver to the dish.(friends sky digital or freesat)
If the other receiver works and you get all the channels then the dish is fine.
If the other receiver works and all the channels are there it usually means the problem is your receiver.
If you don't it usually means the LNB is faulty and you need to get upto the dish and change it...
You can tell the LNB is faulty by what channels are missing it usually either the horizontal channels or the vertical channels that are missing..
To test the receiver you need to connect it to a friends dish and see if you can get the channels there when done a new scan if you do it means your receiver is fine and working OK.

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I don't think it is the the LNB, I'm getting the Freesat channels.

Well thats your answer then, if your getting all the freeview channels, your subscription has expired. Get a new one. :-)

Just wondering what channels are missing, as in can you get all the FTA ones ? Im guessing youve checked to see if your server is still active, yes?

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I'm getting the FreeSat channels etc. Not sure what 'FTA' means.

How do I check that the server is still active ? Note sure what to do ?

In the menu under IP settings. I have an IP address, subnet mask Gateway & DNS settings.... how do I determine if server is active ?

wont be in IP settings, FTA means free to air, I havent got a bm7000s m8 but there will be guides on here or google, pretty sure a few ppl here have this box and will be able to help you out

ah look at the sticky threads in the blade media section, everything is there that you need to check your server details

ok thanks, so there's nothing i can do other than try and find a subscriber & update subscription? But out of interest how do i dertermine in the future that there is a server connection?

BTW don't know who to subscribre from and as I got this box via a third party. Is a subscriber list available?

put the box on any channel, press 9991
on the remote for the server list.

You should have a green "connected" message on one of the lines.

Sounds like your sub has finished so it will show grey "disconnected" message.

Under the active section it should show as "on" too.

This tells you how to add a new line to your box here

Post a request for a line here
and somebody will send you a PM with details

Bees,
Went to one your recommended links - Found something about CCCAM and NewCAMD. Can some one explain what they are ?
What's is the difference between: cccam or newcamd?

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

Hi all,
This is where I'am ... following the kind advice given. I 've accessed the Blade 7000s via the 9991 menu option. it is currently showing:

It is showing a Name: connection_0 using the "NewCAMD" protocol, Status: On ; Satatus= Disconnected.

All other Names (i.e. Conection_1...n) are at Potocol: "Newcamd" Active = Off Status= Disconnected

Conclusion: Subscription renewal required.

Request: Please could someone PM me a list of CCAM & NEWCAMD provider list..details etc. I have recieved details about one provider, but would like the option of comparing prices etc.

Also: What is the latest s/w or firmware that I should be on ?

The current system information page shows the following:

* model - BM7000S
* S/W - Version Jan 5 201281*
* H/W - Version 1.00
* Boot Version - 5.30
* CH version - F015

Thanks in advance.

Back