Cable newbie looking for help

bigfella

Hi
Wonder if anyone can help ?
have took the tivo box off , put the lead into the rf input as shown on the first post of bioshead tutorial.
put internet cable in back , put hmdi lead in . downloaded the software but havent added the gift yet am still waiting to receive a test trial ....put usb in the back and flashed box went from boot to 99 but then the tv screen shows hmdi 3 mode not supported.....Do i need to add the line before i flash ?
or am wondering if i need to alter the virgin leads ? a 2 way slitter was already installed by virgin.ones goes to the modem the other i have put in the back of the zgemma.

UPDATE; i been trying all night ,i ve connected through AV leads for now but i dont think its flashing properly because the front says boot then the numbers 0 to 99 but it doesnt display FLSH flash at any time .... i m getting the open ATV screen instead of the virgin skin and when i go to set the net id , THROUGH signal finder. the bouqeuts isnt an option . Any help would be greatly appreciated , its starting to do my head in now . i had no problem with the satelite setup with Whoosh software but this H2H is one thing after another,

You could try Wooshbuild and use my setup guide in my sig?

You don't add a line before flashing and once you flash, only the SD versions of channels 1-5 will clear for cable until you put a line on the box.

Tried that too , the boxs just not flashing , tried 2 different types of usb sticks a toshiba and a sandisk. Anyone suggest a usb stick thats more reliable. Or has anyone got any other ideas ?
Anyone know how to solve the hmdi mode not supported problem too apart using AVleads?

Tried that too , the boxs just not flashing , tried 2 different types of usb sticks a toshiba and a sandisk. Anyone suggest a usb stick thats more reliable. Or has anyone got any other ideas ?
Anyone know how to solve the hmdi mode not supported problem too apart using AVleads?
which tv do you have ?
you might have to tweek this too

Thanks for all your help but i ve managed to do the impossible , i ve managed to brick it ....stuck on boot ....thinking of either another and trying again or giving up as a bad idea

Just flash a different image and you should be ok. Then re flash the image you want.
no it wouldnt flash from a usb stick at all .... i had to flash from the online option and i did it through my laptop network instead of filezilla, anyways when i tried to add another image there wasnt enough disc space so i tried to delete the image and ended up bricking it ....am going to get another z gemma box and try and do it right this time. i might try copying and pasting the firmware of the new box to the bricked box. Had a night mare bit of an expensive lesson but gonna give it another shot. Hopefully if i get stuck i can call on the good people on here for a helping hand , thanks.

Thanks for all your help but i ve managed to do the impossible , i ve managed to brick it ....stuck on boot ....thinking of either another and trying again or giving up as a bad idea
Just flash a different image and you should be ok. Then re flash the image you want.

bigfella did you try my backup m8 this is just for cable
just download file extract
copy zgemma folder to usb stick
go into zgemma folder rename noforce file to force.. cant remember if i did it already..
pop it in front usb and reboot box.. white button at back of reciever

hi all, i have a zgemma h2h cable setup. i don't have any major issues but after a scan my sections show up as 'c_sports' instead of just 'sports' for example. why is this and how can i change it to sports without having to rename each section? thanks

Simple solution if you've tried various things already is to just spend half an hour re-flashing it ;)

Back