Newbie Needs Help

Hi Guys,

I posted a similar question a while back but got a fairly limited response...hoping that perhaps more people read and offer insight this time around. I have been looking at getting a box for quite some time yet have not got around to it yet mainly due to the sheer numbers out their and my limited knowledge of them and the way they operate.

So perhaps its best I list what I am after from such a product and people can hopefully enlighten me as to what would best serve my needs.

I am looking for a box which essentially offers what I get with my current satellite provider; good epg, pause/rewind functions and the ability to record.

Since I work as a sports journalist it is absolutely essential that the recording function is both reliable and I can record one program while watching another (or even record multiple programs if its possible).

Ideally I want a box which has wifi built in (not a fan of running cables across the whole house)...I read that I would need a dongle/adapter for wifi (do they not have any where wifi works as it would on a computer i.e. no cable or adapaters?)

I have read a lot about KODI and it seems to be great in terms of the amount of channels/streams available..are all boxes able to be loaded with this or just certain ones?

Last but not least where would you guys recommend getting said product once I have decided which one to get and also the gift card required for it to function completely?

Apologies for the mass amount of questions and a huge thank you in advance to anyone able to help.

Oh...I'm willing to spend around £150 if that helps at all, though may stretch if needed but obviously if one is available for that price or lower which does as needed then even better

With the uncertainty of the longevity of satellite, i'd consider cable although a cable box with 2+ tuners and built in Wi-Fi / hard drive would be considerably more expensive than your budget.

Have a look on eBay m8 a edision os mega triple tuner box hybrid third tuner so it does sat,cable or t2 it also runs Kodi 17.1. Can be skinned to cable or sly multi recording just as required for around your price mark.

Back