Satellite Newbie Problems

laurteg

Hi Guys have just spent the last three hours trying to set up my zgemma box. I have downloaded sucmnsees download but my box is not flashing and i have read somewhere that the problem will be my usb stick. I fat formatted it and still no joy i am using an 8 gb unsure of make can anyone suggest the preferred usb stick. I am using a mac so don't know if that is my problem or do i need to use windows to download. One other thing what is best client to use to ftp i have downloaded filezilla but unsure how to use and tried to download dream box control centre as that looked easier but after downloading and unzipping cannot seem to get that to start. Sorry for all the questions i am now off out to get drunk so will try again tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I kind of remember having similar problems when i started out on f5 about 3 years ago and now i am an expert on them lol but these look a little more daunting but i will get there. Once again thanks in advance for any help.

Kingston seems to be relaible for flashing. But if still having issues try downloading HDD guru tool and do a full low level format and then a full windows format. Also make sure you are unzipping the downloaded folder and placing he zgemma folder on usb only. Filezilla easy to use, ont he left hand side of screen is your PC and on the right hand side is the zgemma files

Back